S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok i need to run 5/8 up through the frame.... i drilled a 1/2 hole right behind the shock mount hole, i still have to reem the hole out to fit the 5/8 line... which it right above the fitting... is this ok to run it through there? or does anyone have any suggestions? NO DRILLING FOR FRONT CUP AND RUNNING A 90... any help would be sweet

·
Registered
193 Posts
thats where mine is..... i used a REALLY BIG DRILL BIT AND A REALLY BIG DRILL

·
Registered
193 Posts
P.S. DONT LET THE DRILL CATCH AND RIP YOUR ARM OFF LIKE IT DID TO ME. HOLD IT WITH BOTH HANDS AND HOLD ON TIGHT.

·
Registered
193 Posts
these guys all say to put like heater hose or they were talkin about grommets at autozone or sumthin, but i dont have anything, i just took a file and rounded all the edges so they wouldnt be jagged, and rub through the line, you should be able to figure out sumthin

I

·
0 Posts
why not drill a hole in the cup and run a 90 i was thinking about doing that when my 1/2 inch line arrives is there something wrong with that setup or do you just not like it

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i saw in another thread that a 90 can equal about 7 to 9 feet of extra line... less flow... THROUGH THE FRAME I GO!

by the way... i have brake lines (hard line) that is right above my upper control arm on the drivers side... can i bend these a bit to clear the control arm?

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
i would make the hole 3/4 and either wrap the line in some electrical tape at the hole .. you dont want the line to fit tightly in the hole .

·
Soon to be bagged
128 Posts
thats what i would do, i would make it to where it can't move and with silicone you know its not going to rub thru the airline

·
harlem body kit has to go
1,170 Posts
how do you guys not have a 90 at the bag? i heard its difficult to bend 1/2" line, can someone post photos? also what is an accumulator and what does it do

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
if you run the air line through the frame and under the UCA you would need to drill a hole in the cup and install a 90.However if you run your line up above the UCA you can just leave it some slack and run it through the UCA

·
SK= Midwest's Elite
4,906 Posts
i heard somewhere that someone ran line through the shock hole and when they aired it out it pushed the line back up and the headers toasted the line??? i dont know if that applies to you but just be sure its not gonna go back up and hit anything when you air out

1 - 20 of 42 Posts