S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I jsut bought a 84 s10 blazer witha LT1 in it and it has headers and duals all the way back.....cats and mufflers on both sides. anyway on the drivers side it actually coes down and under the frame part where the tortion bars are connected. so you can see it from the side. but there was no room to go above it. the only things I can think of is a 3 inch body lift would leave enough room or i tcould be snaked around under the tranny to the other side til jsut behind the t-bar mounts then back over to the left side. anyone have duals and how did you route the drivers side pipes??

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
i wouldnt go true duals... lots of low end torque but it would look and sound tite, maybe back fire once in a while, end up blasting your mufflers to shit. then again im an idiot and mite be wrong

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
oh my bad im a retard lt1 should be good

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it is already on there....long tube headers and duals all the way back. my question is how others routed theirs....I don't like mine dropping below the t-bar mount to go around it.

·
footbraker
1,236 Posts
My drivers side "dual" runs underneath the oil pan then follows same path as orig. equipment. Had to beef up the hangers for the extra weight, exits behind right rear tire.Nice thing about Iowa is no smog checks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ran my duals straight from my full length headers to behind the tires and then turned out. I used 3" pipe, I made a new tranny crossmember and offset it up and out of the way. Also my fuel tank is located between the frame rails behind the rearend. I is a 22 gal fuel cell.

·
footbraker
1,236 Posts
gapman59 said:
I ran my duals straight from my full length headers to behind the tires and then turned out. I used 3" pipe, I made a new tranny crossmember and offset it up and out of the way. Also my fuel tank is located between the frame rails behind the rearend. I is a 22 gal fuel cell.
Yeah, the full length headers are nicer than the shorties, for one the collectors are easier to get to, only drawback I've seen is some put a primary tube thru the inner fender.

·
-------------------------
100 Posts
you could try having the drivers side route just behind the bellhousing cover or just in front of it to the pass. side and then run parrellel to the pass.. Well thats how i have seen most done with 4x4, and mostlikly how i'm gonna route mine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts