S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally had the cards line up to where I could grab another truck and join the fun again. This will be my third s10 platform truck but first Sonoma. I previously built a 98 2wd and lifted it 3/2 with 31s that I’ve got a build thread for somewhere on here. Probably going to go down with this one and try and make it the truck I wanted when I was younger but built more maturely(hopefully).
1997 GMC Sonoma 2wd 4.3v automatic

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Clean looking start
What are your plans?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Clean looking start
What are your plans?
So far just gonna repair the oem damaged pieces. The headlights are pretty terrible, needs a new headlight switch panel, has a rattle while not on throttle, and for some reason the fuel gauge stays on full. Otherwise I’m planning on repainting, 3/4 lower, clean wheels, and maybe redo the audio just to start with

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
You have a problem with your sending unit or the float is stuck.
3/4 looks killer on an X cab.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You have a problem with your sending unit or the float is stuck.
3/4 looks killer on an X cab.
That’s what I thought too but I also heard something about it could also be the way the aftermarket radio was grounded and causing it to pull current. I can’t confirm any of that as true, but I’ll definitely look into the sending unit and float

·
Registered
45 Posts
Finally had the cards line up to where I could grab another truck and join the fun again. This will be my third s10 platform truck but first Sonoma. I previously built a 98 2wd and lifted it 3/2 with 31s that I’ve got a build thread for somewhere on here. Probably going to go down with this one and try and make it the truck I wanted when I was younger but built more maturely(hopefully).
1997 GMC Sonoma 2wd 4.3v automatic View attachment 352229
Nice grab on the truck, looks to be a very nice start for whatever you decide to do.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice grab on the truck, looks to be a very nice start for whatever you decide to do.
Thanks! Once I get the AC put back in, I really need to grab a roll pan. Then I want to swap the 97 front end for the 98 front. I’m assuming it’s the same process as the s10

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just went to pick up some treats for the truck. Got the 98+ core support with condenser, metal roll pan, 98+ grill, and a Jimmy bumper for $200

1 - 8 of 8 Posts