S-10 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fuel level buffer control module on a 97 jimmy 4x4 seems to be the culprit for gauge fluttering.
Im having a terrible time finding help cuz my 97 jimmy doesn't look like a 97 jimmy.
Ive done my best on this build, and now the part in question is discontinued. ugh. Please advise on new part location.
Part number is 12135193.
Fuel level control module.
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Plant
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Blue

· Registered
2001 GMC Sonoma crew cab 4x4, 4.3L automatic
346 Posts
Is that part of the gauge cluster? You may have to find a used cluster at a junkyard.

That board doesn’t look especially complicated, there may be a cracked solder joint causing your problem. It can be touched up with a soldering iron.

If you want to check, get a strong magnifier and look at the solder joints. They usually show up as a radial crack all the way around the lead of the component. Here’s an example,

Organism Font Natural material Fashion accessory Metal

· Been there Done it
16,824 Posts
I believe what you are referring to is the Fuel Gauge buffer. It was only on the 97 S-series vehicles to reduce fluctuation in the gas gauge from things like turn signals. They never worked. I tried both new and used ones on my 97 Blazer to no avail. Still have a couple in my misc. junk desk drawer. PM me if you're interested in some useless parts. If you're using a 97 wiring system the gauge is just gonna wiggle when the turn signals are on. GM cured it in 98 by completely rewiring the entire truck.

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited by Moderator)
Yep, fuel level buffer control modular, 97 only..
I didnt see that coming when choosing that vehicle as my donor project.
54 dodge panel restomod
97 4x4 jimmy inside and chassis
Ive exhausted all my resources and paid a man to bring his snapon laptop, he condemned my midule, and its not available, discontinued at gm dealers too

· Registered
4,416 Posts
I used a 95 and 97
too bad you didnt enquire first which S10s to stay away from for your swap.
you woulve been told 94/5/6/7 arent good donors for what you are doing.
either way, your build is pretty cool looking, really like what you have made.

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I believe what you are referring to is the Fuel Gauge buffer. It was only on the 97 S-series vehicles to reduce fluctuation in the gas gauge from things like turn signals. They never worked. I tried both new and used ones on my 97 Blazer to no avail. Still have a couple in my misc. junk desk drawer. PM me if you're interested in some useless parts. If you're using a 97 wiring system the gauge is just gonna wiggle when the turn signals are on. GM cured it in 98 by completely rewiring the entire truck.
I'll gladly buy a module from u
I'll buy 1 from you
Full size pics please...
I used a 95 s10 2dr for the plastic and seats, etc.
Dash and all frame harnesses are from the 97 4x4 View attachment 371236 View attachment 371237 View attachment 371238
Are these pix small?
Vehicle Motor vehicle Trunk Car Automotive exterior

Vehicle Motor vehicle Trunk Car Automotive exterior
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Ive built a couple older s10 blazers, v8 swaps, 84, 85,
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

but wanted sumpin diff this time.
My 85, 350/350hp.
The old 31 has a stock 4.3L

· Been there Done it
16,824 Posts
PM me if you're serious about wanting one. Just be advised they didn't do me any good, so there's no guarantee they'll fix your problem. I fix my Blazer by selling it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts