S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 Blazer 4x4. Recently it started missing on the interstate and threw the SES light. Dealer put in new plugs and wires and it did the same thing. They then changed fuel filter and ran some injector cleaner. I have replaced the coil, ignition module and EGR valve. I have also cleaned the throttle body, MAF and IAC. Now it misses at idle, and at highway speeds. It is really bad while sitting in traffic. I ran some Seafoam through the vaccuum line and some through the gas but it didn't solve my problem. Could it possibly be the fuel pump going bad? Any suggestions are welcome at this point.

·
loco hombre
3,461 Posts
That would definitely be the first thing I'd check. Hopefully it does it often enough that you can clamp a gauge on the schrader valve on the fuel line and monitor it while it's having an issue.

Fuel pumps are extremely common. It's not really an "if" so much as a "when" on these in most cases.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the fuel pump is going out would it hum loud then get quiet and keep cycling like that? That's what mine is doing and I'm thinking it might be pumping faster to get pressure back up.

·
working at 145bpm
1,025 Posts
not to hijack, whenever i start my truck, i still hear a loud whine noise from the truck.. so that would be my fuel pump? greaaaaaaaaat:rant:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts