S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Truckin' on a budget
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on entering the military and with my sign on bonus im going to build my competition system my question is do you think 4 solox's will fit behind the seat of an extended cab extreme and also do you think this is just plain overkill

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
solo-x? why not go with some Adire Brahama's or some RE XXX? THOSE would be serious overkill....but nothing wrong with that!

·
Truckin' on a budget
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
are you just following me around the forum lol solo x is kickers new comp. sub its an 18 incher lol also can you give me some links to those subs you were talking about i would like to check them out

·
Truckin' on a budget
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how much dbs am i gonna get out of one i want some serious stuff so i can take it to compitions

·
Truckin' on a budget
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok i think i jyst changed my minc again lol im now considering the XXX's but what kind of amp can i push it with

·
Registered
133 Posts
those solo x's rule, but they need a box thats about 6 cubic feet of air space.

edit: ive always wanted to line my bed with subs, if you had a hard bed cover, man you could squeeze plenty of subs in there. check out the pics of the for ranger that got a custom box for his bed for 8 mtx thunder 6000's over at my local audio dealer:
http://www.cyclonestereo.com/Ranger Stepside.htm

·
12,507 Posts
yeah, great idea. spend the money for the boxes, put weak subs in FACING each other. thats gotta be a great way for wave cancellation to work...

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
Go with a pair of XXX 15s... and pickup a pair of RE's new 36-1's to power em.. they put out ~2k each, so be prepared to beef up your charging system as well. The subs are out now and the amps are due out sometime soon...

·
12,507 Posts
any idea on when RE is coming out with their component stuff?

·
Chrome is Gay
3,693 Posts
Just so you know they're gonna take 28% of your bonus bro, thanks taxes. Whats job are you gettin into?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts