S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to swap a V8 in the 2.2L 2000 reg cab. What will be the best engine to swap so that I can keep my a/c? I would like to keep it, but if I lose the a/c will I also lose the heat in the winter times? It gets pretty cold here.

·
TrailBlazin'
3,397 Posts
mikey1222 said:
I want to swap a V8 in the 2.2L 2000 reg cab. What will be the best engine to swap so that I can keep my a/c? I would like to keep it, but if I lose the a/c will I also lose the heat in the winter times? It gets pretty cold here.
Where do you live and what are your emissions laws? The only motors you can really swap aand stay legal are the LS(4.8,5.3,5.7,6.0) series motors that were made 2000 to current. The AC and heat are seperated so if you take your AC your heat will still work and vice versa.

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Pretty much any engine can go in that truck and still keep A/C.
Probably your least amount of overall headache for a new guy would be the Vortec 5.7 from a 2000 full size van. Otherwise, the LSx derivitives will work for you, but they take a little more work to make fit.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I live in TN. I had another idea. Is there any way to do a V8 swap and also have it run on the new E85 gas?

·
Baby > Home > S10
9,517 Posts
97 SS 350 said:
Pretty much any engine can go in that truck and still keep A/C.
Probably your least amount of overall headache for a new guy would be the Vortec 5.7 from a 2000 full size van. Otherwise, the LSx derivitives will work for you, but they take a little more work to make fit.
How well would that work? I mean how much of a direct bolt in would that be compared to the others? I am contimplating with the idea of a v-8 swap somewhere down the road. Other than the engine would I have to replace anything like tranny, rear axle, whill the stock gauges still work and all? could you then through on a vortech supercharger to make it badass?

·
Neglected & Broke
2,224 Posts
mikey1222 said:
I live in TN. I had another idea. Is there any way to do a V8 swap and also have it run on the new E85 gas?
theoretically
Yup..

Buy a motor out of one of the 07 Yukons or Tahoe.. its a flex fuel motor..

Practically..

no way in hell

·
TrailBlazin'
3,397 Posts
WTRacing said:
theoretically
Yup..

Buy a motor out of one of the 07 Yukons or Tahoe.. its a flex fuel motor..

Practically..

no way in hell
He would need an all new fuel system.

·
TrailBlazin'
3,397 Posts
xtucking22s said:
How well would that work? I mean how much of a direct bolt in would that be compared to the others? I am contimplating with the idea of a v-8 swap somewhere down the road. Other than the engine would I have to replace anything like tranny, rear axle, whill the stock gauges still work and all? could you then through on a vortech supercharger to make it badass?
Nope, everything will work. The biggest pain is getting everything to fit. Just have Jared at Current Performance re program your computer and you'll be golden.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts