S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HAS ANYONE PUT THE ROLLER TIP ROCKERS ON THERE TRUCK, IF SO WHICH ONES 1.5 OR 1.6.....I HAVE SEEN LOTS OF ADDS WHICH INCLUDE A SPACER TO PUT THE VALVE COVER HIGHER TO CLEAR THE ROCKERS. JUST WANT SOME INSIGHT. WHICH ROCKERS WOULD BE BETTER? 1.5 OR 1.6 THANKS, ANY INFO WOULD BE HELPFUL:evilg:

·
Super Moderator
4,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1997 S-10 4.3 WITH 4L6OE 262ci

·
Registered
2 Posts
1.6 would give you more power. Supposedly www.compcams.com makes 1.6 rockers that fit the 4.3. They are even supposed to fit under the stock valve covers. However, there may be an issue: you may have to elongate the holes for the pushrods. I have emailed their technical service to see if that is true. If it is not I am definitely going to get a set. I think that you have to buy the V8 set. Summit sells them for about 200. Not to bad for 15 hp.

kevinR

·
Super Moderator
4,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info, I know mach performance sells a kit for the 1.6 or 1.5, they give you all that is needed even custom made spacers to put on the valve covers, quality stuff if you can afford it. im building a 96 s-10 engine for my truck if I can I will pick up there kit. its like 600$ which i think is way to expensive but, you get what you pay for! (usually) thanks again

·
Registered
2 Posts
yea, I've seen the kit. It actually includes the comp rockers. For some reason they say they don't fit '00 motors. I think the kit includes push rods and gaskets. The rockers are part #1418-16.

kevinR

·
Registered
309 Posts
Try Crower! Their kit is around $300 and you don't need the valve cover spacers. They really seem to work well.

·
Super Moderator
4,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was reading on the crower site and the install seems very easy..... I emailed to be sure that they would clear the vortec valve covers and am awaiting the response. If they clear I will go with the 1.6 roller tip rockers

·
Herpin' the derp...
105 Posts
I'm building a set of heads to use the Crower rockers. They will fit but you have to get the Crane rocker arm conversion studs or have the heads tapped to accept the standard (as opposed to metric) rocker arm studs. You'll need longer pushrods and you'll probably need to elongate the pushrod hole. Mach's kit includes the conversion studs as well as rockers, etc. IMHO, it's worth the cost if those are the rockers you want.

·
Super Moderator
4,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
THATS WHAT IT ALL COMES DOWN TO. IF YOU WANT IT DONE RIGHT, YOU GO TO HAVE THE GREEN. I THINK MACH'S KIT IS AWSOME, BUT THE OTHER SIDE OF ME WANTS TO SAVE A HUNDRED DOLLARS. I THINK I AM SEEING THE LIGHT AND WILL PROBABLY GO WITH THE KIT, BUT CROWER ROCKERS ARE BETTER FROM MY UNDERSTANDING. PLUS MACH WILL HAVE THOSE POLISHABLE VALVE COVERS SOON, AND THEY COULDN'T COST TO MUCH, I HOPE

·
Super Moderator
4,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DOES ANYONE KNOW THE STUD SIZE IN THE LATE MODEL HEADS RIGHT NOW? I WANTED TO KNOW THE BASE THREAD SIZE AND THE STUD SIZE. I AM PRETTY SURE THE BASE IS LIKE 10MM AND THE TOP IS 3/8 BUT I AM NOT SURE. HELP!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts