ATELOPHOBIC President
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does GM make a roll pan for first gens?
and if not where would you guys recommend going

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
sir michaels make great ones, they also make weld in so you don't see the gap between the back panel and the roll pan, it looks really nice, or you can get a bolt in steel or fiberglass

·
2SMOOTH
204 Posts
POS-10 said:
Yeah, that's a nice truck K-Man. My skin looks like that, but I didn't fill the body line aroung the truck. Did you just fill it or have a strip welded in?
Actually, I made that skin myself out of a flat sheet of body metal. I welded it in on the top and bottom edge where the "factory" tailgate slopes inward. As for the bodyline, regular lightweight body fill should NOT be used. Welding it in puts too much heat in the panels (and grinding would take eons). It's best to use a short strand glass such as MarGlass, EverGlass, or EagleClaw. These reinforced fillers to not shrink when the harden like most lightweight fillers, and will not crack.

Trivia: Can anyone point out just how many body mods I have completed on my truck?? Or better yet, name them? :evilg:

·
Hardcore 1st Gen'r
2,869 Posts
K-Man said:

Trivia: Can anyone point out just how many body mods I have completed on my truck?? Or better yet, name them? :evilg:
i see:

shaved front bumper(blolts and lights)
shaved antannea
shaved fender badges
shaved body lines
shaved tailights
shaved gate
shaved handles
molded rollpan w/custom lights
filled body seams
painted stock mirrors
stock airdam w/foglight holes
painted visors

that is all i see from the pics but i'm sure i missed stuff.:)

·
2SMOOTH
204 Posts
Not bad, sometimes I have a hard time rembering it all... I shaved the gas door as well (not it pics) and installed a 93 front clip (truck is an 87). Yours looks pretty good as well, love the phantom grill.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.