S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
CANADA SUCKS
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was doing my weekly autozone goof off, when i found this can that at first i thought was some paint. it turns out, it is a roll on bedliner, and that you apply it just like you would when painting a wall with a roller brush. it cost about 50 dollars. anyone know how easy this stuff is to apply? cause if you mess up, i dont think you can undo it.

·
Registered
211 Posts
assuming you're going with using it for your interior like you were asking about in a different post, it will be fine. thing is, if you tape everything off you don't want it on (which i highly suggest), you really can't mess up. i have read how to remove it, but don't know why you would want to do that. really isn't that hard to do. most work of it all is taking everything out of the interior to get to the floor. i'd say it's worth it...beats ruining your carpet. $50 bedliner is cheaper than replacement carpet. now if you're wanting the liner in the bed of your truck (which i also highly suggest..if you have one), i would go ahead with getting some lineX sprayed in. amazing stuff. or rhino if you want. if money isn't an issue, go ahead and have the lineX sprayed in your cab too....just figure the roll-in stuff is more than suitable for the interior and a lot cheaper than spray in, but i would go ahead with spray in for the bed.

·
Opposes body roll
38 Posts
I used the Herculiner kit on my dime... turned out great. My bed had seen some use when i bought it so i wanted something to cover up the scuffs and scrapes and help seal it off from rusting. One gallon kit is *all* you need to do a 6' bed in the prescribed two-coat process. If you have a longbed, you need to purchase only one additional quart to complete it. I used every bit of the gallon kit and covered the bed in exactly 2 coats, just like the instructions say. You end up with about a 1/16" layer from that when done. I suppose you could spread more layers if you wanted to thicken it up, but at about $100 for a standard gallon kit, that builds up to Rhinoliner territory pretty fast.

I even taped off my rails to overlap onto them for "leaner" protection.

Pics:

·
CANADA SUCKS
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that looks really good man, thank you for taking the time to take the pics. :) i think im gonna try it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts