Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Rockford Fosgate Power HX2

Votes: 2 18.2%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
=Tenacious D=
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't decide which subs to get... If I go with kicker I'll get 2 10" solo-baric L7's... if I go with rockford, i'll go with 2 10" power hx2's.. I need some opinions on both these subs and some recomendations.. thanks :D :thumbup:

·
=Tenacious D=
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I'm gonna go with the L7's... possibly 2 12" L7's...

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
Shift said:
I think I'm gonna go with the L7's... possibly 2 12" L7's...
go for the kickers especially if you can get that deal:thumbup:

·
=Tenacious D=
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what would a good amp be to run 2 L7's? I haven't decided if I'm going with 10's or 12's yet...

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
Shift said:
what would a good amp be to run 2 L7's? I haven't decided if I'm going with 10's or 12's yet...
somthin like a zr600

·
Registered
99 Posts
i would go kicker myself because rockford is the "me too" of audio kinda like JL audio. be original and show up with square subs. i still love them everytime i see them.

just one VERY important thing to remember if you buy kicker L7s.......port them, they are known to get MUUUUCH louder when ported. you will not be sorry

·
I GOT BLING-BLING
607 Posts
My vote is rockford-

They have a much broader and deeper and fuller bass than the L7s do, although the L7s sound good, just not as much 'heavy' bass.

With the rockford's, I would suggest one rockford power bd1000.1 to each sub.They are rated at 1000watts at 2 ohms, but push close to 1300 each

·
Registered
287 Posts
hey i have a question I have seen people who face their subs down into the floor, what does that do? and what is the difference in which direction the speaker points in?

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
i have nothing 'gainst kicker but i have RF in the doors and dash so of course i would say RF......but if you can get that deal on those subs i would def. go with them

·
Registered
389 Posts
all I can say is saw and heard an S-10 standard Cab with one vented 8 L-7 in the cab and it was hitting 147 DB come on lets see RF beat that with on *

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
nthdegreepower said:
all I can say is saw and heard an S-10 standard Cab with one vented 8 L-7 in the cab and it was hitting 147 DB come on lets see RF beat that with on *
i never said RF could beat em...i'll be the first to tell ya i don't know all the is to know bout subs....i'm just partial to RF cuz i have em as upgrades......i'm not concerned with having the absolute loudest ride 'round.....all i want is something that'll sound nice and all i need to know is that RF can give me that

·
formally Lownoma
2,458 Posts
go with the kickers and slot port them.....and for a good amp to push them try and get ahold of a mtx 81000d they push close the 1500 watts at 14.4 volts or kicker makes a big amp also to push them just not sure on what the model number is.......i forgot is the truck standard cab or ext cab?????

·
Registered
35 Posts
i'd go with L7's. i would get a subsonic filter if you decide to get the 81000d...especially since your going to port the box. If your looking at kicker amps....wait till after ces, kicker is supposed to be coming out with a lot of new **** this year, and all their amps are going to be different, their supposed to be coming out with a big ass amp that will put out max power at 2 ohm's, no one at kicker will say how much it is going to be rated at though. for the money i think the mtx 81000d is a good amp, so is the cadence a7hc???...i know it's the a7..not sure of the last letter. a phd2 (shredder) are also cheap amps that put out 2000wrms. kinda just depends how much money you want to spend, right now i have a kicker zr240 running my mids and an orion hcca 275g4 running my subs and it's one of hte best amps i've ever had, i am switching to all kicker's new amps as soon as their released, which should be within a month or two

1 - 14 of 14 Posts