S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it's my carb when I press gas pedal fast theres a pop hiss sound then It just dies. Any idea what could be happening

·
Boozebag
8,995 Posts
Not too great a description. Does it start up afterwards?
Maybe a little more detail would help.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not too great a description. Does it start up afterwards?
Maybe a little more detail would help.
Yeah it starts back up but it idles rough even before you press the gas to fast and a pops and dies. The gas pedal is also hard to to move not like to hard just abnormally hard to press

·
Registered
285 Posts
Just a thot here - My 84 S10 blazer with 2.8 was doing that when the timing chain was stretched - you could try popping your dist cap off and rotate the crank pulley back and forth and see if there is a lot of lag in the dist button movement to rule out a bad chain :eek:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a thot here - My 84 S10 blazer with 2.8 was doing that when the timing chain was stretched - you could try popping your dist cap off and rotate the crank pulley back and forth and see if there is a lot of lag in the dist button movement to rule out a bad chain
I'll try it

·
Maybe later.
9,335 Posts
My Rochester had a very stiff throttle. Have you checked general timing? A Weber carb fixes everything.... :haha:

If you decide to take on the timing chain, while you have the timing chain off do the upper intake and while you're at it take a look at the cam and make sure it looks ok.

·
Boozebag
8,995 Posts
If you are interested... you will become mechanically inclined.

There is so much more accessible info than there ever used to be.
You could rebuild your engine just by watching YouTube...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
fellchase
S-10 Forum
S10forum is the community to discuss the S-Series, Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon. Join to discuss rebuilds, modifications, tech articles and more!
Full Forum Listing