S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Sprint Car Addict.
10,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where can i get these...the guy had this truck bagged for 2 years and ALL of the bushing are dry rotted to hell and the wishbone sits back liek metal to metal almost....im afraid the bolt is gonna snap.....i need info asap this is my daily. i have pics if needed also.

·
Sprint Car Addict.
10,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the truck wasnt driven much and i have no idea where to order them theyre not on the site....ill prolly goto the 4wd place and get all urethane for it.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Let me know what you get as I could use replacement as well for my wishbone.

·
Sprint Car Addict.
10,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i cant find shit anywhere and can never get thru to ART bc of my hours of work

·
Never Finished
1,599 Posts
My truck was daily driven for 2 years (30k miles). I bought my 91 to drive daily. The '03 had been sitting for 2 months at my in-laws house. I drove it back over to my house the other day, and the rear end is offset to the left like 3". My bushings are also shot after 2 years. I'm over this crap. Almost $1500 for this wheel hopping piece of junk.

·
Ford Lightning Owner
5,875 Posts
I sent an email to ART

Brian,

I and many others on S10forum.com are in desperate need of parts numbers or if there is a recall on the bushings for the roadgrater wish bone. After 2 years my wish bone bushings are totally gone! This is my only ride.

So can you please let me know what parts I can order bushings, whole wish bone? Prices and part numbers who to call to order?

Or if there was a recall for this or a fix?

I will pass the info on to my fellow members.

Thanks

Sam

Samandjen1
S10forum.com
Members Mod

Sam...
Brian forwarded me your e-mail. We do not have any known with the upper
wishbone on the Roadgrater. The rubber bushing insert is part number ROD302
and they run 9.95. They do have to be pressed in there and if you do not
have access to a press, you can shoot your wishbone back to be and we can
press it in for you.

Tony Bicknell
Air Ride Technologies
350 S St Charles Street
Jasper, IN 47546
812-482-2932
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
There is nothing wrong with those compressed rubber bushings at all.... they actually work prety slick. Now one of the problems that I have seen in the past is that the fastener is cranked down with the suspension at full droop or full compression. The when the truck is at ride height or all the way the opposite direction... the bushing is loaded to much. When you tighten down the fastener you want to do it from ride height. Then the bushing will compensate for several degrees of deflection either way from ride height. If it isnt, it will expedite the wear.......

·
Ford Lightning Owner
5,875 Posts
There is nothing wrong with those compressed rubber bushings at all.... they actually work prety slick. Now one of the problems that I have seen in the past is that the fastener is cranked down with the suspension at full droop or full compression. The when the truck is at ride height or all the way the opposite direction... the bushing is loaded to much. When you tighten down the fastener you want to do it from ride height. Then the bushing will compensate for several degrees of deflection either way from ride height. If it isnt, it will expedite the wear.......
I know mine isnt too tight , due to the fact the thaere is barely any threads of the bolt coming threw the nut. Back bushings on the rear are good its just the front mount of the wish bone thats bad.

Can you hook us up with like free shipping or something?

·
Registered
189 Posts
i have the air bar setup with the same problem with the front bushing. the rubber bushing only lasted a year on my daily. i want poly replacements but sending the wishbone is not an option. are their any poly replacements avialable?

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Calling them tomorrow and ordering me some bushings. THANKS!

·
got me some 20s
4,020 Posts
anyone ever find out if there are poly bushings available? my bushings are shot also on my airbar:( my airbar is a little over a year old

i know its an old thread, but i didnt wanna make a new one lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts