S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not trying to soon like an @$$ guys but maybe it's because no one will admit to buying AIM's product or what but i've seen a few complaints not many about art's product and no one complain about aim's any one try aim's and complain or whats the deal?

Not tryin to start a war just wondering maybe some insite

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
The road grater is ART, and the road grader is AIM, I dont care if I saw a million happy customers from AIM I wouldnt buy anything from them, hell I wouldnt even buy a firestone bag from them even if its the same as what larry or jason sells.... AIM = SHIT... plus is there anyone from AIM here to support their prouct??? Well I know ART does, and I know Tony will do anything to help...

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
I would never buy from aim simply because aim coppied art's product and then stole the name. thats just wrong

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
futuresweets10 said:
I would never buy from aim simply because aim coppied art's product and then stole the name. thats just wrong
Actually they didn't copy the product, just the name. AIM does that a lot. They also have their big red compressors, no doubt to compliment air ride's big red valves :D At sema I spent a little time in aim's booth checking out products and talking with them. It was so funny. I got a lot of insight of how they operate, and I walked off shaking my head. A few weeks later they called me to verify my address to send my dealer packet to, and I still haven't seen it.

·
EpicenterDesigns.com
1,025 Posts
IRSd_mini said:
At sema I spent a little time in aim's booth checking out products and talking with them. It was so funny. I got a lot of insight of how they operate, and I walked off shaking my head.
I'm curious, how do they operate?

And how does it differ from the ART product?

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
It's a totally different set up from the air ride kit. I mean it is hard to make a fourlink very different from any other. I mean the design and fundementals are all the same. The build quality and it's ability to do the job can be vary different from company to company, and the results can vary just as wide from installer to installer. But it is not like they bought an air ride kit then copied it. Their design really limits side to side, and with a double convoluted mounted on the axle at 1:1, there isn't a lot of lift.

And as far as the way they do business, I don't want to write a long post on all the details, but I will tell the most glaring thing... Their shipping poloicy. If you as a customer call and buy a roadgrader kit from them it is $200 in shipping. If I become dealer, it is only $75 shippping. I forget what the % discount I would get as a dealer was, but it wasn't much. The bulk of the profit was in being charged $75 shipping, and charging $200 to the customer. So basically there isn't any money in selling their products, if you don't want to screw the customer on shipping.

They did offer me a sweet set up though. They offered to waive the top level buy-in ($5000), they offered to set up a website, with my company name, and maintain it, and drop ship all orders for me.... All at no cost. I would have done nothing, but rake in the $$$... And probably take phone calls from pissed off customers all day :D

I have only dealt with aim once, and it wasn't to bad. So I can't really slam them on thier service. But I have seen the parts up close at sema, and the fit and finish just isn't as high as the other suppliers.

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
Buying from AIM is like going to wal-mart and buying their exhaust tipe, lol their tricked out products... why would you spend more on a product that is lower quality? AIM is not looking for customer satisfaction, they are looking for they own pocket fatness, they are just figuring out ways to make products cheaper (lower quality) and selling them to people who are ignorant on things like this for a higher price... and when I say ignorant I dont mean stupid, I mean people who are just starting out with bags and stuff like that and tehy flip through MT and see their ad, so its all just a matter of selling to un-knowing customers...

·
SK= Midwest's Elite
4,906 Posts
LoW_1 said:
Buying from AIM is like going to wal-mart and buying their exhaust tipe, lol their tricked out products... why would you spend more on a product that is lower quality? AIM is not looking for customer satisfaction, they are looking for they own pocket fatness, they are just figuring out ways to make products cheaper (lower quality) and selling them to people who are ignorant on things like this for a higher price... and when I say ignorant I dont mean stupid, I mean people who are just starting out with bags and stuff like that and tehy flip through MT and see their ad, so its all just a matter of selling to un-knowing customers...
i COMPLETELY agree....cuz i know when i was first startin out to the scene when i would flip through MT i would see nothing but AIM and Godfather and FBI ads, its only after ALOT of research that you find the "smaller" guys that REALLY give you a deal, meaning that their prices might not always be the cheapest, but they definetly make up for it in service and quality parts

·
EpicenterDesigns.com
1,025 Posts
IRSd_mini said:

They did offer me a sweet set up though. I would have done nothing, but rake in the $$$... And probably take phone calls from pissed off customers all day :D

Oh the perks. :2far:

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
ive bought from aim before. bought some drop blocks. everything was fine. but i dont think id do it again.
im a graphic desiner. and they dont wanna sell their product. they wanna sell their prices. look through the ads. looks like all they did was cut and paste shit everywhere. their price is what is getting them along. sure prices mean a lot but not compared to features and specs. if they can half ass their advertisement. they can half ass it all. advertisment draws customers. its the core to the business world....just my opinion

·
Draggin body member
1,134 Posts
SLAMnoma95 said:
i COMPLETELY agree....cuz i know when i was first startin out to the scene when i would flip through MT i would see nothing but AIM and Godfather and FBI ads, its only after ALOT of research that you find the "smaller" guys that REALLY give you a deal, meaning that their prices might not always be the cheapest, but they definetly make up for it in service and quality parts
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

·
Banned
1,458 Posts
There is no comparison between aim and art they operate on totally different levels. Both with customer satisfaction and quality of parts. I refused to install some parts on a kids truck because I thought that he had made them turns out they where aims stuff, still didn't install it.
Aim really gets the uninformed though with there big adds low prices in the mags and when you read the write up on the trucks they have aim parts in them. Probably because the shops are aim suppliers and send in the photos? Just a guess there.
In conclusion art's stuff might cost more initially but you will save in the long run.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Unless you live near AIM, like me, and can inspect your order when you buy it, and make sure its intact, don't buy from 'em. And no, I WILL NOT DRIVE DOWN THERE TO PICK UP PARTS FOR PEOPLE, BECAUSE THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS ASS.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts