S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 S-10 LS and am ready to start on my first modification. The truck has stock 15x7 inch wheels and 235/70 tires. Now for my question...

I would eventually like a 2-3inch lift, but for now I want wider rims and bigger tires to give it that "off-road" look...Money-wise I am looking at the American Racing "Baja" rim and would like to put the 15x10 inch on the truck. Will they fit without having a lift ? Would the 15x8 inch give me enough of the look that I mentioned ??

Any comments or insight would be really appreciated !

·
littleX10
70 Posts
The wheel has nothing to do with needing a lift. I just came from 8 months ago a Nissan durable as a skinned Pit bull 4X4 with a 2 " lift and 285/70R15 tires. The wheels were 15X7 I think and were peeling chrome no matter the polish I tried. The problem was it had no air conditioning. The other problem was it could corner with sports car, go anywhere, outrun Jeeps on snowed in roads, give good traction with cheap $85 ea. tires, kick the piss out of it on washboards at 65 mph and hills and rocks and run run reliability. But I went newer and cooler and 2X4 which I really miss the 4X4no holds barred limits. Get a 4X4 or go low is my suggestion. Because just to look like one is only 5% of the 4X4 game baby. And i've had three Nissan 4X4s and can only suggest this manufacturer even on an S10 forum. Flames or no flames I'm sure S10 4X4 owners have beaten Nissans in the mountains and mud and will post. But the 4X4 is'nt only looks its for real.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I would wait for the lift to get the bigger tires, otherwise if you get like...31x10.50 15 they either wont fit in the wells or rub every time you hit a pothole or a bump...so id wait, but its your choice

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses. I had the truck lifted 3 inches. And I have to say, Team Hi-Dust 4x4 in Norfolk, Virginia did a great job ! I am going with the 15x8 inch rims and with the biggest tires that I can get away with (without the rub)...Thanks again !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts