S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
jrodgraphicanddesign.com
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi...i got a 95 jimmy 4X4...i have chrome rims on it now, but they are old and they are stock size 15....im wondering if anyone knows or could suggest what size to put on them next...i want them to be somewhat flush like the stock rims, and not stick out like some people have, b.c that looks nasty.im prob gonna put 18's on...and im thinkin bout droppin it 1/3 or sumthin...also, i dont want low profile tires..they look funny with trucks...any suggestions or pics??

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ok first off if you want to put 18" and don't want low pros then don't go 18". To keep it close to stock height and without rubbing you are gonna have to go 50 series or lower with 18"s. As for offset it's gonna be tough to tuck on a 4x4, possible but very difficult especially when you want to lower it. You will be rubbing a lot especially if you go with a higher profile tire. I would suggest a 16" or 17" if you still want a meatier tire and have them custom made with the proper offset. Boyd, Weld, and a bunch of other rim manufactures will custom make the offset so you can get them at least flush with the wheel wells.

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
dont listen to blazin, dont get anything smaller then 18's. what do you consider low pro's? you could do a small drop on 18's with havin to run low pro's. If it were my truck i would throw on some 20's, crank down the torsion bars up front and put 2 inch blocks in back. but hey thats just me, i personally think wheels are a waste of money if you dont buy 18's or bigger.

·
jrodgraphicanddesign.com
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think the second pic actually looks better...the first one is dropped too much and the rims look funny....i dont know what offset...thats my prob..i will put 18's on w/o a low pro tire, only b.c im puttin a body kit on...if i have to drop it a couple inches, i guess i will....check out these rims..tell me what u think..

·
Registered
18 Posts
First off thanks for being a jerk "Don't listen to Blazin" Anyway first off he has a 4x4, second he doesn't want low pros! Not saying he can't fit 18"s, 20"s whateva on a 4x4 but he needs proper offset or they will stick out and how is he gonna fit a high profile tire when he wants to lower it? It is also a question of what kind of ride and what kind of driving he does! It's not a waste to buy anything smaller than 18"s. Any size aftermarket rim costs money but the bigger you go the more they are! It's all relative to what you want, he said he wanted a meaty tire so I told him to stick to a smaller rim so he doesn't run into rubbing and screwed up tire height that can mess up his ABS. If he does have ABS he will need a PPP to reprogram the tire height so he doesn't screw up his mileage and ABS. Like he said in his post he doesn't like low pro, I am not positive what is the start of low pro but like I said he could go with 18"s with like 50 series which still has a pretty meaty sidewall.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Those rims are nice but why do you want dope 18"s and thick sidewall tires. I agree the first truck is too low and the second truck is a touch to high. The first truck is not a 4x4 the second one might be but I think it would look a little better with either a bigger tire or lowered a little more. What do you consider low pro?

·
jrodgraphicanddesign.com
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im not sure what i consider low pros...i havent seen tons of them on trucks...mainly cars...like look at this pic, even though the truck is lowered, the low pros are too low...at least in my opinion...i guess it depends on how u drive. I want a nice rim but i dont want it too look funny with small tires like some trucks do, and if i didnt have to, i dont want to drop it being that im gonna put side skirts and back pieces on b.c i already have a front airdamn.

·
Registered
18 Posts
That truck is mad GHHEETTTTOOOOO!!! Too bling bling for my taste. 20"s are just too big on a blazer. 17"s or 18"s are better way to go, not to mention if it's a daily driver you are gonna have a killer ride and very easy to bend a rim. I would suggest either 17"s with like a 60 or 50 series or 18"s with 50 series if left stock height or 45 if you are thinking about lowering it but 45s are getting pretty skinny (not as skinny as that rubber bands on that red truck). Listen look at threads by 98onNos or 96blazer. 98onNos has dropped a ton of 2wd trucks and says 20"s are ghetto on blazers and for the everyday driver will lead to a bent rim. 96blazer has a pic of his girlfriend's blazer with 17"s and 255/60 series tires, that blazer is a 4x4 and with stock height and he says the tires rub on tight turns. I am running 17"s with 50 series and I have no rubbing plus I have a 2/3 drop on a 4x4, 4 door, second gen.

·
SoCal Mini-Trucker n FL
230 Posts
Drop Em Dude

Was sup with not wantin' to drop? Its not that Xpensive, or too much work to do. If you go with 16-17" rims on even a conservative tire, you'll need to lower it atleast 2-3" to look right. Otherwise, it will look like you raised it with all that air between your tires and your fenders. If you want the look, you gotta pay your dues.

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
A pain in the ass to lower? Well, it can be. :D It was when I put my spindles on. That's cuz it was hard to find a place to align it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It's hard to find places that do good work and are not going to rip you off. East coast is full of people that think they know what they are doing but don't. I went to one shop last week and they were so arrogant and overpriced, I asked them about that new wheel balancing powder called equal. I told them how its suppose to make the ride vibration free on aftermarket rims. They put down the theory and said they never heard of the product meanwhile I just read how good it is in the new SUV magazine. Fat chance of me going back to them and spending any money there.

·
jrodgraphicanddesign.com
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well one prob with what u were talkin bout, i understand what ur sayin only bc. my family used to be in the parts business and sometimes things u read in magazines dont really come out for months after it is written up and stuff...u know what im sayin?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts