S-10 Forum banner

rim size on 03 s-10 xtreme (stock height)

• 20's

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • 19's

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • 18's

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2003 s10 xtreme... i am lookin for some rims that will look good and not break the bank. i kinda want 20's but i am not sure if something along the lines of 18-19 wont look better. what do you all think...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok i see the voting is close... now my question is why do you think that 18's may be better than 20's on a s-10 xtreme (2003). stock height... maybe one day bags or a lower stance...

·
Registered
315 Posts
The roads where I live suck and I wanted a softer ride so I went with 18's. If you get a wheel with a "rolled lip" they look larger than they are. I get asked a lot if they are 20's.

·
More Cowbell
3,186 Posts
u said u didn't want to break then bank...u can get plenty of 18's at a good price

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i have found many rims that i would love to have... like some from www.discountedwheelwarehouse.com they are the panther EMR 243 or the Akuza Rapacious in either 18 or 20 inch... the 20 inch rims are not bad priced here like 2050... plus i think around 200 more dollars for a lower profile tire than comes with the tire and rim combo... so i dont want to spend more than 2500 on rims and tires...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
also which tires have you all had problem with... i can either get cooper zeon xst or goodyear eagle gt2 (both great companies) but for 20 inch rims i might have to get sumitomo which i have heard nothing of... i think it would be better to go with a smaller rim so i can have a larger sidewall, for ride quality or looks... what about 19 inch rims... why is there not many on the market?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what size tire do you all recomend for 18's????

1 - 9 of 9 Posts