S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Custom Sonoma GT Long Box
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Early pics from outside the body shop. They look really shitty so I will get some better ones soon. Color is Dodge Viper Red.

Top pic - GMC Syclone Bumper
2nd Pic - shaved tailgate and handle relocated

·
Mine's Longer than yours.
2,828 Posts
Do u get nosebleeds driving that thing? lol jj. nice to see another Longbox owner around looks good. Are you going to lower it?

·
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh hell yeah. I wanna lay it to the rockers. You know the norm. I dunno why it rides so high :S my dads Sdime is like 4 inches shorter.

I

·
0 Posts
where'd the syclone bumper come from and how does it look on ur truck Ive been wanting one.

·
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I bought it from syty.net it looks super badass but you need the sonoma GT bumperettes as well to round them out. I got fiberglass knock offs from sportmachines.com. You also need assorted bracketry and etcertera. I spent like 1500 on all new parts. I would shop used if I did it again.

I will post pics once I assemble it all.

·
Registered
547 Posts
What skin is that? And roll pan? Is the tailgate filler a straight/flat panel or does it have a bend/bodyline in it? The shape not the body line that goes around the whole truck..... if that makes any sense lol I am going to make my own and just curious on how yours was... I wan tot keep the body line in the gate though....man that thing is high! Good job on the paint..looks good..what paint did you use?

·
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The skin - Homemade on the english wheel. It forms to the contour of the truck perfectly. I spent nearly 100 hours making sure it was right. It comforms to the lower body lines at the bottom but not the top one as it would intersect the licence plate frame. So yeah its NOT a straight piece of metal. I can take more pictures of it if you want.

The Rollpan - Also home made, bent it on the english wheel then took it to a fabricating shop for the nessecary folds to weld it to the box.

The Paint - Authentic Dodge Viper Red from Mopar.

the Height - I know I know :p it will be slammed eventually. Once I learn more about bagging and stuff.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
very awesome truck dude..i like the paint and the body work..the only thing i would suggest is..if your not sure if you going to bag it soon...at least do a 5/6 drop or something..lol..and are you driving it all winter long?

·
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No I definately want to bag it, I am just not knowledgable in the baggin department.

Also no I have a 1994 1/2 ton 4x4 for my daily driver.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Any new pictures? Your links from 3 1/2 years ago are broken. lol

·
Registered
614 Posts
Yeah but you try finding a picture of an S10 with a SyTy front bumper and Sonoma GT bumperettes with NO other cladding at all.. im diggin deep now looking for that stuff. I plan to do it with my Tyclone and this is the ONLY truck i have come up with!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts