S-10 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i just got my truck back friday and i did not have any problems but today i went to go to work and the right side front would not air up...it dose nothen when i hit the switch???

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
whobewa said:
ok so i just got my truck back friday and i did not have any problems but today i went to go to work and the right side front would not air up...it dose nothen when i hit the switch???
Is the switch wired to the valve?

Is this just the right front switch or entire front switch?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just the right front the left front and the back work im thinking it a wireing problem some where

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Check both wires going to the left front and make sure nothing came undone. Either your valve is bad (very unlikely), a wire came loose going to your fill valve on that corner (very likely) or you have a bad switch (eh, could be). You can always try just running strait power and ground to your fill valve on that side from your battery just to test the valve. I dunno if a 9V battery would work to test the valve, but maybe that too
- Mike

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well ill have to give it a shhot when i get home the guy how baged it is coming over tonight to help figer it out

·
Still 2 High
7,539 Posts
I'm 98% percent sure it's the wire coming off the switch box, it was like 22gauge wire, and the male terminals that were crimped onto it were falling off in my hands, I had to replace a couple of them.

·
keepin it low
234 Posts
it's either a bad ground to the valve, the positive wire to the valve it loose, or the valve may have dirt or something in it the is clogging it.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it was the wire off the switch box.. then after you fixed it snyder the Rt dump came off

·
SK Whut ?
1,025 Posts
I suppose the switch box is one of those giganic cinder block units...just get an AVS unit from SD and all those problems will come to an end !

Seems that the 7 year old asian kids cannot tighten screws properly when they assemble them........ROFL

·
Give me 3 yrs...
6,526 Posts
BlueNoma SKVP said:
I suppose the switch box is one of those giganic cinder block units...just get an AVS unit from SD and all those problems will come to an end !

Seems that the 7 year old asian kids cannot tighten screws properly when they assemble them........ROFL

seriously

·
Still 2 High
7,539 Posts
BlueNoma SKVP said:

He does have an AVS box, it's the cheapest, crappiest little thing i've ever seen. The wire is like 22gauge, and when they crimp the female bullet connectors on to the wire, it cut the wire right off at the crimp. Out of the 8 or 9 wires I had to connect, this makes like 5 of them that got cut at the FACTORY CRIMP.

I have one of those cheap $20 10 switch boxes and i've had 0 problems with it, other than it's huge.

·
Banned
3,179 Posts
slammed isuzu said:
when I had an AVS box, 2 of my switches were sticking.......I wasnt impressed with it other than it was small.

You have a warranty...send it in and we will fix it!!! We test the boxes before shipping but we cant tell if its going to stick til its being used daily....

Now can you have your 10 switch fixed under warranty ? :D

·
Banned
3,179 Posts
JollyGreenMini said:
He does have an AVS box, it's the cheapest, crappiest little thing i've ever seen. The wire is like 22gauge, and when they crimp the female bullet connectors on to the wire, it cut the wire right off at the crimp. Out of the 8 or 9 wires I had to connect, this makes like 5 of them that got cut at the FACTORY CRIMP.

I have one of those cheap $20 10 switch boxes and i've had 0 problems with it, other than it's huge.
What gauge wire would you like to see used???? Your our customers we wanna know what you guys want!!!!!

We use the connectors to make the switchbox easier to install....your the only one who has had this problem that I know of.

·
Banned
3,179 Posts
whobewa said:
If you have an AVS switchbox like stated below....and you think your switchbox might be causing your problem please call us 559-486-5444 ask for me (Kris) and I'll get it taken care of.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts