S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
In a matter of time...
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been about two months now since I lowered my 97 ext. cab with 2in spindles 1in springs, and 3in blocks. The ride is pretty jarring.. I've got the doestech shocks all the way around, and am wondering what I could do to smooth things out. It rides real nice if the road is smooth, but even the little stuff, going at a high speed of like 75mph really will thrash me around. Any ideas/comments?

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
First off i think your shocks are a bit too stiff for the drop you're using. you only have a 1" drop in front so you don't need that stiff of a shock there. also in the rear you dropped it with blocks so you don't need to use drop shocks there at all. Maybe that's part of the reason your truck rides so tough. I would reccommend switching to a softer shock. I had a 5" drop in front with 3" coils and it was very smooth with belltech drop shocks.

·
In a matter of time...
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In the next few months I plan on getting 2in springs for the front, and 3in leafs and blocks for the back to give me 4/4. Should I just stick with what I've got onon there now?

·
Devil Boy
147 Posts
Yeah, I will warn my passenger, "Uh, hold on...there is a big bump coming up." - Bamm! haha The price you pay for dropping suspension. I've got the same drop and shocks you mentioned. I don't mind too much though, because I wanted it a little stiff for handling.

I've heard that the drop leafs in the back will improve the ride, but I don't know first hand. If you're gonna be changing stuff out in a few months, I'd just save $$$ and extra work and deal with what you got for now.

·
tight ass S10
399 Posts
u can pull a leaf out the pack and it will lower it and sofen the ride a lil ond u can cut like a half a coil to lower the front and sofen the ride a lil

·
BARELY Tuckin' Tire
5,862 Posts
i've got a 4.5" drop in the rear, and something i did that was cheap and extremely effective was just buying some sandbags and putting back there. I've got 4 70lbs bags and the ride is very smooth, 4 is probably a little overkill but i'm not concerned with going fast, just a low and nice driving vehichle. Also have you removed your bumpstops and brackets? just something i did that helped tremendrously...all in all i paid around $20 for the sand bags..big difference..

·
In a matter of time...
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:confused: thanks for the pics.. i think.

I did remove my bumpstops, brackets are still there though. As for the sand, I've been meaning to try that since winter is fastly approaching and I'll need some in the back anyways. Thanks everyone :thumbup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts