S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today my MiniTruckin mag for the month Apr. came in and I was going though it, and came accross some info. that I thought would be helpfull here. They have an artical thats called, "Mmmm Drop" it says on step 32 "that on Chevy s-10's, the driver side of the truck is 1" lower than the passenger side, right from the factory. this isnt really noticable untill the truck is lowered. rather than wast time cutting up the passenger-side coil to even the drop out, the company called BELLTECH provides this coil spacer to fix the problem."

I hope this helps any of you guys that wondered why u had an uneaven drop when you got your sweet ride dropped.

STEVE:thumbup:

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
dropindaS-mini said:
Today my MiniTruckin mag for the month Apr. came in and I was going though it, and came accross some info. that I thought would be helpfull here. They have an artical thats called, "Mmmm Drop" it says on step 32 "that on Chevy s-10's, the driver side of the truck is 1" lower than the passenger side, right from the factory. this isnt really noticable untill the truck is lowered. rather than wast time cutting up the passenger-side coil to even the drop out, the company called BELLTECH provides this coil spacer to fix the problem."

I hope this helps any of you guys that wondered why u had an uneaven drop when you got your sweet ride dropped.

STEVE:thumbup:
yeah ive measured mine still stock and the drivers side is lower , and even by lookin now i noticed the drivers side is lower , oh well :)

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Okay... so where do we get this spacer??? I plan on dropping it this spring and would like to do it right the first time. Thanks,

DogP

·
/=||=/
589 Posts
i just put that coil spacer in today, damn. hehe

and its still about 1/8 inch lower but it looks SOOOO much better compared to 1 inch.

highly recommended if you're not bagging your truck for a while!

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
where did u get the spacer from?...i know belltech doesnt deal direct so i imagine you got it from gets or summit?

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
i havent heard this problem too much here. im sittin lower on the passenger side, particularly in the back. its sitting about 1-1.5 inches lower on the passenger side than the driver side. any ideas? o yea, i lowered the front with 2 inch djm coils and the back with 3 inch belltech leafs

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what kinda shocks are you using, and how long has it been since it was installed ?it might be that the setup hasnt yet ajusted out

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hmm im not sure, im using toxic shocks also and dont have a difference in height. is both the rear tires at the same pressure?
:rolleyes: very strange
:confused:

·
Registered
804 Posts
Part # anyone

Why is it that I can never find what I want/need on Summit's Website?!

Does anyone have a Part # for that Coil Spring Spacer to raise the driver's side up 1"?

Thanks in advance,

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i dont have a part # but i do have the #'s summitracing- 1-800-230-3030 and jegs-1-800-345-4545

·
all show and no go
164 Posts
hey the part number for the spacer at jegs is 720-1285. its like 10 bucks and bend over! cause its 9 bucks for handling! what RIP FOR A $10 PART!! but what can you do?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Here is the Summit link:
Bel-4930

Mike

1 - 16 of 16 Posts