S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into equipment for once i get the blazer, and get started on the stereo...

I use RF amps currently, and haven't had a lick of trouble with them...but im loooking at trying something new...

I've heard various good things about the DEI amps, what are you guy's opinions on them?

I found the hifonics amps online for really cheap prices, and that worries me....

I'm looking at the DEI 2400 for component amp (NOT the 2400d, just the regular two channel 2400), and the DEI 1100d for a sub amp...

let me know your opinions

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
Hifonics is supposd to be good, im sing a BX1500D to power 2 RE subs that im putting in a Blazer.

·
Can Yah Hear That China!
924 Posts
im looking into getting some Re 10's i tried looking on ebay but didnt find anything. and links?

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
i had a hifonics brutus bx1500d ...it worked beautifully...no problems with it..well nothin that was the amps fault..i dont have it now cuz I clipped it majorly..it was my mistake that made it croak..it handles good tho...you'll love it..trust me..
oh imma get a DEI Viper d1200.1 ..i've read a couple of reviews...one said that they test 2 of them..and they daisy chained them..they squeezed out just a little under 4000w out of them..and they're rated to put out only 1200w....so yea..plus i went to ALOT of the shops on this island..and they all knew about the viper amps..i've heard nothing but good things..besides the prices..even the shops that didnt carry them said good things..basically all the bad stuff i heard was just about the price...imma get my 1200 for 325 tho..so no problem there :D good luck..hope this helps!

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
03 S10 eXtreme said:
i had a hifonics brutus bx1500d ...it worked beautifully...no problems with it..well nothin that was the amps fault..i dont have it now cuz I clipped it majorly..it was my mistake that made it croak..it handles good tho...you'll love it..trust me..
oh imma get a DEI Viper d1200.1 ..i've read a couple of reviews...one said that they test 2 of them..and they daisy chained them..they squeezed out just a little under 4000w out of them..and they're rated to put out only 1200w....so yea..plus i went to ALOT of the shops on this island..and they all knew about the viper amps..i've heard nothing but good things..besides the prices..even the shops that didnt carry them said good things..basically all the bad stuff i heard was just about the price...imma get my 1200 for 325 tho..so no problem there :D good luck..hope this helps!
I would assume the insides are the same on the viper 1200.1 and the dei 1100d.....same exact company after all ;)

You can find either amp for around $350 shipped on ebay....

i want a pair of amps that will match, for the subs and for the components :)

·
BLING BLING!
195 Posts
hifonics. got 2 now have had 8 in the past never had a bit of trouble out of n e of it

·
BLING BLING!
195 Posts
ur finding alot of it online cheap because its all refurbished, hifonics had their badass return policy which came back to bite em and now u see alot of "b stock" amps, which their isnt n e thing really wrong with them except u have no warranty which for hifonics isnt really a big deal cuz their good stuff.but still...no warranty.but n e who thats why ur findin it so cheap, its still good product though

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
oh i forgot to mention that the amp im gettin is Brand New lol i dont like buying refurbished stuff..never did..i make sure of that ;)
oh and like atomic said..hifonics is hella good..i loved mine..till it pussied out and croaked..lol my fault heh..no amp likes clipping..i dont blame the amp :)

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the DEI stuff i found online isn't refurbished, its brand NIB ;)

i guess i just dont trust the hifonics.....you get what you pay for no? Retail on that 1500d or whatever is ilke $250 or something crazy like that.....

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
hell no. on ikesound its like $350, and im having a hell of a hard time getting my parents to get it for me for christmas. maybe youre thinking of the 1000D? its only like $225 on ike, but just because it doesnt cost a lot doesnt mean its not good (Resonant Engineering and Elemental Designs subs are pretty damn cheap and that kick MAJOR ass)

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MuddyS10 said:
hell no. on ikesound its like $350, and im having a hell of a hard time getting my parents to get it for me for christmas. maybe youre thinking of the 1000D? its only like $225 on ike, but just because it doesnt cost a lot doesnt mean its not good (Resonant Engineering and Elemental Designs subs are pretty damn cheap and that kick MAJOR ass)
Yep, im going with two E12K's ported on a DEI 1100d ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts