S-10 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2.2 Auto FTW
2,957 Posts
a lot of people hate reverse 4 links and there are a lot of reasons they can hate them. id probably never run one, but if i absolutly had to, it would be the cando one.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
why are they so bad can you give me reasons, do they fail f**k up the bags what does anyone have one on the truck that i can see pics I is either this or ART three link

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
snoopy1 said:
why are they so bad can you give me reasons, do they fail f**k up the bags what does anyone have one on the truck that i can see pics I is either this or ART three link
Do a search for reverse in this forum. You'll see why.

·
I cant win for loosing.
3,226 Posts
Ok theoretically if you were driving say 60 mph, and you could stop your tires immediatly, the ass end of your truck would hop of the ground, because the mechanics of the system is all wrong.

DJDAudio has done a lego model of this with video to show you what will happen, but we all know that your tires will not just stop like that. Now take that motion and slow it way down like you are braking, the same mechanics still apply and it will lift the ass end of your truck instead of make it hold the ground.

Enough brakeing force and you could loose control of the ass of your truck, and create a worse situation. Search for threads made by djdaudio and check that video out. I dunno about you but I wouldnt want that.

AND FOR BAGGINS SAKE THATS NOT A GODDAMN CANTILEVER. ITS A LEVER. Ok Im done.

Edit: here ya go.

·
VVVthat thing is deadVVV
4,185 Posts
basically reverse links are bad mmmmmkay? they are bad in all forms. 2 links are a no-no as well. some people run them and have no complaints but i personally wouldn't build either.

·
resident bmx prick
444 Posts
best way to describe a reverse... lemme it break it down into physics... order a license box from our friends over at suicidedoors.com... when it gets there... dip it in boiling water... no cram it up your ass....

basically dude.. the physics of it are really poor, not safe, throws a bunch of things off... save the money and get a roadgrater or something.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I drive like a grandpa (or maybe a gangsta) 2 mph so everybody sees me. I could handle a 4 link (but I still dont want one) plus that "complete" bolt on kit will still have you welding in your notch and cutting some crossmembers. Honestly for the price diference go with a 5 link. Thats about the same amount of bolting on as this kit too.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
5 link owns all other ktis. but it you want absolutly no welding adn you wanna lay. get the road grater. but i would find a welder adn get a 5 link for the same price. much better kit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts