S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the factory rev limiter set at on an 01 4.3????? The reason i'm asking is, the other day I "accidently" got my rpm's to almost 6700. I bought my truck used and now i'm wondering if the previous owner had some kinda programmer or something. I'd assume that the rev limiter would of cut it off by then...am I wrong?

·
The Dave Inc.
11,720 Posts
stock is around 5500 i believe auto tranny shifts around 5200 stock i believe also...ive had mine to almost 6000 once but had thoughts of things goin BOOM and laid off n set my shift lower...also if im not mistaken out tachs end at 6000 and 4 bangers at 7000 i thought

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
mine usually shifts around 4900-5000 with WOT, redlines at 5200. my HPP3 could push it back to shift at 5600 if i wanted it to.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea...it was 5600....my bad...but my question is, I don't have any type of pragrammer that I'm aware of. I bought the truck used...so do I have some kina chip or something in my truck that i'm not aware of? I just figured that the rev limiter would shut off before 5600 on a stock truck. I guess that I could just see if I have a governer....i don't know.....

·
Road Race/Auto X S10
3,828 Posts
I always thought our rev limiter was at 5200.

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
xtreme2299 said:
What is the factory rev limiter set at on an 01 4.3????? The reason i'm asking is, the other day I "accidently" got my rpm's to almost 6700. I bought my truck used and now i'm wondering if the previous owner had some kinda programmer or something. I'd assume that the rev limiter would of cut it off by then...am I wrong?
From what i can tell there is no rev limiter (but I'm not going to find out)

The engine should only rev so high due to it's design.

In other words it will only go so high before it can't go any higher.

·
Registered
745 Posts
i think my rev limiter is around 5600 (dont plan on finding out). Mine shifts at 5000 in drive (at WOT), but when i shift i usually shift at around 5400

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
technically, from my experience there is no rev limiter. pull out on an uphill slope on a rainy day and pin it. i have wound my engine to the end of the tach before as the tires spun in first gear on the wet pavement. i only remember it happening once, but i am sure it is possible. my jimmy is meant to shift at 4900, to the best of my knowledge, and there were extenuating circumstances that kept it from doing so. if your truck shifts at 5600, i would say it was HPP3 programmed. just my two cents.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts