S-10 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Dr. Pepper is ma BITCH
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what have you guys with lots of power been running 4 rear ends in your first gens, i was thinkin about retrofitting a rear outta a comaro or other and was wondering if it has been done and how hard it is. thanks:dunno: :dunno: :booty:

·
Registered
745 Posts
rear change over

The 7.5 rear will give you trouble ,the problem is finding a rear that is narrow enough to fit your truck.The newer camaros have the same 7.5 set-up but are to wide as are all other camaros regardless of year.You could go down to the scrap yard and measure some mustang rear ends(8.8) ford is very strong!or maybe some old danas from older mopars,Dusters things in that size,I dont know how wide the early mustangs and cougers are but the 9 inch ford will be hard to find from these models,all in all the best thing to do would be to have you a 9 in.ford narrowed to fit ,its not really cheap but will save you many headaches in the long run.I have replaced the pinion bearings 4 times in my 7.5 rear and now I am putting new gears in, all this in 35,000 miles.I am saving money to get me a 9in. My problem is the transport costs to germany,its almost as much as the rear end it self!

·
S10 on NUTS
17 Posts
i have just gotten my rear end back from the shop. it is a 78 transam 8.5 limited slip. i had it narrowed to s10 size, new moser axles, new 3.73 gears, new bearings and seals. total cost to do it was $925. it should be able to handle whatever i throw at it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts