S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Squid Life
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is going to be kinda long, but it's how I do things...

First thing to do is crop the major section of the pic you want to use...since I am using YellowNomas pic...I didn't have to crop it.

Next choose Image Size from the Image pull down menu:

Change the smaller number of the width or height to 100:

Now choose Canvas Size from the Image pull down menu:

and change the opposite(width or height) to 100(your anchor point will be important here):

Now you have and image that is 100X100, but is too large of a file...select Save for Web from the File pull down menu:

When the next screen pops up...select the 4-up tab:

If none of the 4 pictures displayed is under the 10K limit...you can make adjustments to the picture using the panel on the right. The most effective adjustments can be made in the lossy and number of colors. The best way to reduce the number of colors and still maintain picture quality is to select a color from the Color Table and click the trash can to delete it. Selecting a color that is a real close shade of another color on the board will have minimal impact on picture quality, so kill those duplicate colors first.

I hope this was helpful and good chopping all!

·
Squid Life
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Saving for Web saves it as a .gif file, but allows you to see the file size change as you make adjustments. Especially useful when working with animated .gif files.

I didn't know about the cropping thing...good hint.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts