S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the guage cluster in my sons s10. He has 40K original miles on it. The new cluster has +100K on it. Does anyone know of a shop in the St. Louis area that will reset the odometer? Can the odometer be pulled off and replaced with the original odometer?

Thanks

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Check the ad on the bottom of the page for help!

Fix Odometer.exe
Download a Free Scan Tool & Fix Odometer.exe Instantly!
www.TuneupAdvisor.com

:haha:

·
Registered (Ab) User
4,137 Posts
Check the ad on the bottom of the page for help!

Fix Odometer.exe
Download a Free Scan Tool & Fix Odometer.exe Instantly!
www.TuneupAdvisor.com

:haha:
I couldn't find it. Maybe the adds rotate based on cookies.

I did find an explanation for why my ZoneAlarm quit allowing any internet connections, though. There is a conflict between an XP Security Update and ZoneAlarm. I uninstalled the update and ZoneAlarm is now functioning properly again! Thanks! :D

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
I couldn't find it. Maybe the adds rotate based on cookies.

I did find an explanation for why my ZoneAlarm quit allowing any internet connections, though. There is a conflict between an XP Security Update and ZoneAlarm. I uninstalled the update and ZoneAlarm is now functioning properly again! Thanks! :D
Sadly I know what you are referring to, KB951748 right? You could have also set the security level in zonealarm to medium I believe.

·
Registered (Ab) User
4,137 Posts
Sadly I know what you are referring to, KB951748 right? You could have also set the security level in zonealarm to medium I believe.
Yep, that's the one! I figure that I'll just wait for MS to come out with a new patch to fix the problem. The patch that caused the problem was prolly for some obscure security hole anyway. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
I need to replace the guage cluster in my sons s10. He has 40K original miles on it. The new cluster has +100K on it. Does anyone know of a shop in the St. Louis area that will reset the odometer? Can the odometer be pulled off and replaced with the original odometer?

Thanks
If the truck has a BCM the odometer mileage is stored in it and then sent to the IPC so changing the gauge cluster should pose no problem, but if we are talking about an older model then the cluster will have to be disassembled and swap the analog odometers.

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
If the truck has a BCM the odometer mileage is stored in it and then sent to the IPC so changing the gauge cluster should pose no problem, but if we are talking about an older model then the cluster will have to be disassembled and swap the analog odometers.
Not true at all, GM never used this scheme, to store the mileage. The only american car maker that I know of ever doing this was Chrysler and I think they even stopped it many years ago. GM always stored the mileage in the cluster.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts