S-10 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Forealz~!~
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so the weather stripping for my doors is cracked almost completely up the whole strip, and it looks to be part of the sane rubber surounding the little side pop-out window... so how would I replace it? Would I seriously need an entire window? Also the back side windows, that plastic that incases them, anyone know if its possible to order new pieces, or would I also need whole new windows? On an s10 blazer, to clairify. Thanks in advance:p

·
Passwordistaco
5,862 Posts
humnnnnnnn first i have some questeons...

is it an xtreme?
do you think your ? belongs in this section?

lol just bustin balls, but if its the glass im thinkin of yea you gotta replace it all

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
Yes you have to replace the whole side window. Mine is cracked as well. I have a replacement in the garage but have to drill out the rivets to get it swapped. The rear windows are expensive and the plastic is part of the window. You can sand and paint it. There's several threads on here about it.

·
Forealz~!~
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well just because its an xtreme doesnt mean your ? or any other unrelated ? belongs in this section
No?.. The Xtreme section is -not- where you go to discuss/ask questions about the xtreme? And if it is an xtreme how does it qualify as unrelated? Best I can tell this question should be fine here, or in the blazer section, like all questions and/or comments could fall into the s10 or blazer sections… provided it has nothing to do with the body kit or suspension… the only things making our trucks “different”.

·
Forealz~!~
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes you have to replace the whole side window. Mine is cracked as well. I have a replacement in the garage but have to drill out the rivets to get it swapped. The rear windows are expensive and the plastic is part of the window. You can sand and paint it. There's several threads on here about it.
Thanks, thats the info I was looking for.

·
Passwordistaco
5,862 Posts
No?.. The Xtreme section is -not- where you go to discuss/ask questions about the xtreme? And if it is an xtreme how does it qualify as unrelated? Best I can tell this question should be fine here, or in the blazer section, like all questions and/or comments could fall into the s10 or blazer sections… provided it has nothing to do with the body kit or suspension… the only things making our trucks “different”.
well my friend your halfway on track here, this is an xtreme section. Let me say that again the XTREME section. Your question has nothing to do with the model. Its just a general tech question, its not different than someone asking, hey i have a dent in my truck how do i get it out? Does that belong in the xtreme section just because the vehicle is an xtreme? No it belongs in the exterior/paint section. Just like your question belongs there too.

now if you have a question about the body kit, suspension, steering box, sway bars, etc. be all means post in here. But if your just asking general tech questions your cluttering up a model specific forum.

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
I have the side window for your blazer instock for $140 + shipping. The weather stripping is bonded to it.
I hope that's brand new. I paid $50 at a junkyard for mine already removed.

·
Forealz~!~
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well my friend your halfway on track here.
Ok sir, not a problem. I’ll be sure to goose-step over to another section next time I have a question that isn’t incredibly anally specific to the X. But since I’m here… like a good amount of other none anally-X related threads. Be helpful and/or constructive aye?

I have the side window for your blazer instock for $140 + shipping. The weather stripping is bonded to it.
How would I go about getting those, and are they tinted black like the OEM ones I‘d assume yes?

·
Banned
3,866 Posts
well my friend your halfway on track here, this is an xtreme section. Let me say that again the XTREME section. Your question has nothing to do with the model. Its just a general tech question, its not different than someone asking, hey i have a dent in my truck how do i get it out? Does that belong in the xtreme section just because the vehicle is an xtreme? No it belongs in the exterior/paint section. Just like your question belongs there too.

now if you have a question about the body kit, suspension, steering box, sway bars, etc. be all means post in here. But if your just asking general tech questions your cluttering up a model specific forum.
Lighten up Francis.

:cool:

·
Registered
935 Posts
Ok sir, not a problem. I’ll be sure to goose-step over to another section next time I have a question that isn’t incredibly anally specific to the X.
Besides, you will definitely get a lot more solutions in the regular S10 thread. When I have a question that isn't specific I ask over there because there's just a lot more active people over there.

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
are they tinted black like the OEM ones I‘d assume yes?
They only come tinted. The side triangle and rear windows were only ever made tinted on 2 doors, you couldn't get them in clear.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Yes, they only come dark tint. PM me with what side you need and your address so I can get a shipping quote. I accept paypal payments.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts