S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a pair of slammin Infinity 6.5" for my doors, but I cant figure out how to remove my door panel to get at the speaker mounts. Anyone got any ideas?

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
there is a screw behind the door latch-handle thing, and one in the little pocket on the door arm rest. then, just pull slowly until the panel starts popping off.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh yeah shoulda looked closer lol. ok another question: those factory grills built into the door panels, is there any good way to remove them so my speaker can actually be seen, and better yet be able to use the grills that came with my speakers?

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
cut them off. thats it. i was considering taking the dremel to them, then getting some gray pantyhose that match the panel, then stretching the hose over the hole. figured that way, all that plastic wouldnt be blocking my highs, and it would look a little better.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey thanks for the link! i still cant get the stupid window crank off! i bought the tool and ive tried for a half hour with now luck. i cant see a thing when i push the panel back, the guy at napa told me to look for a small pin but all i see is the litle metal shaft and a lot of plastic....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts