S-10 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
92 4dr REAR WINDOWS. My back windows smashed out on the drivers side, I need to replace this puppy, it's about to get chili down here. Do I have to drill out the old rivots on this plate in the door here? Will that allow the roller out of the slide? How do I do this? Any expertice on the matter will be greatly appreciated!

·
Well, you're crazy.....
628 Posts
92 4dr REAR WINDOWS. My back windows smashed out on the drivers side, I need to replace this puppy, it's about to get chili down here. Do I have to drill out the old rivots on this plate in the door here? Will that allow the roller out of the slide? How do I do this? Any expertice on the matter will be greatly appreciated!
The door glass or the glass behind the door?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
on the back doors there are two windows, the one that rolls down and the small, fixed window just aft of the main rear door window. I need to replace the main, roll down, window on the rear door. I think I need to pop out the small fixed window in order to slide the big'n out of there.

·
i saw what you did there!
3,573 Posts
you should be able to leave the glass in the door

unbolt or drill rivets holgind entire regulator in places and pull out of door

slide the regulator fore or aft until rollers on reg arms come off track attached to glass bottom

tape up window with wide masking tape

then you can separate motor form reg etc on the bench

·
Well, you're crazy.....
628 Posts
Yes you have to remove the small window. It takes a phillips screwdriver I believe. My window came off track once and I had to do that to fix it. It's very easy.

·
Well, you're crazy.....
628 Posts
you should be able to leave the glass in the door

unbolt or drill rivets holgind entire regulator in places and pull out of door

slide the regulator fore or aft until rollers on reg arms come off track attached to glass bottom

tape up window with wide masking tape

then you can separate motor form reg etc on the bench
I don't believe he's replacing the motor or regulator so there is no need to remove all of this to replace the glass. Take out the small window. Tilt the replacement glass forward and the roller will slide on to or off of the regulator.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That was surprisingly easy. Fastr68, Spennyman, thank you both for your feedback. It was a sinch; just unskrewed the aft verticle track and back (fixed) window, popped out the rear fixed window. unbolted two 10mm bolts holding aft verticle window track, removed track. Removed rear window with windown 3" from top seemed pretty easy. slid the bearing on the reg. arm right into the track on the bottom of the window. Easy as sin. and only $23 for the window from the junk yard.

·
Well, you're crazy.....
628 Posts
Anytime buddy. Glad to help.

·
Better post-em.
11,303 Posts
on a side note my front passenger window pops real loud when rolling up or down about 2-3 inches from being closed all the way. is it off track or whats going on?

·
V8 with bags
7,374 Posts
probably wore tracks. Ive got new clips on the window and mine still does it. But my window tracks themselves look like hell. Most first gens are getting pretty well used now a days and the rubber in the tracks will start to tear. I had a little piece make my window on the pass side not shut and get hung up going down. it took a while to figure that one out lol

·
Better post-em.
11,303 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts