S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is what I’m working with. I plan to replace the filter and the line leading up to it. I know I need a flare/cutting kit, nicopp line and filter. I do not know the name or size of the fittings. Any help? 97 s10 2.2l engine. If anyone knows what line wrenches I need that’d be great too

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
3/8 5/16 and 1/4 steel lines from your local parts store. That fuel line is dangerous, and the return and vent lines above look just as bad. Just run all new lines from tank to motor.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3/8 5/16 and 1/4 steel lines from your local parts store. That fuel line is dangerous, and the return and vent lines above look just as bad. Just run all new lines from tank to motor.
I already plan on doing all that, it’s just the connections I’m not sure about what to get

this is what I’d be using to connect to filter correct? It matches the inlet thread size of the filter. I feel confident that if someone handed me all the parts I could do this, i just dont have the vocabulary of what I need

·
Registered
105 Posts
I already plan on doing all that, it’s just the connections I’m not sure about what to get
this is what I’d be using to connect to filter correct? It matches the inlet thread size of the filter. I feel confident that if someone handed me all the parts I could do this, i just dont have the vocabulary of what I need
The fuel filter connection is Saginaw O-ring flare / GM Fuel line flare tube nut in M16 x 1.50 for 3/8” tube. Based on the photo, I do not believe that Dorman part is correct. That looks like an inverted flare tube nut.

Here is a short list of different manufacturer / retailer part #’s that I am confident are correct.

• FMSI 3008
  • Inline Tube TN33
  • AGS FLR-008C

When I get time, I will be updating an older thread of mine with parts info for a brake and fuel line replacement I completed.

eta
There is more to this than you realize. That is a difficult flare to make without quite good flaring tools. Even with good flaring tools and ni-cop, I find PTC (push to connect) flares quite challenging in 3/8". Those will likely be needed also. You can purchase pre-fabbed repair kits w/ the flares already done, though. I will try to update my thread within a few days with all the parts I used. It is in this sub-forum.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The fuel filter connection is Saginaw O-ring flare / GM Fuel line flare tube nut in M16 x 1.50 for 3/8” tube. Based on the photo, I do not believe that Dorman part is correct. That looks like an inverted flare tube nut.

Here is a short list of different manufacturer / retailer part #’s that I am confident are correct.

• FMSI 3008
  • Inline Tube TN33
  • AGS FLR-008C

When I get time, I will be updating an older thread of mine with parts info for a brake and fuel line replacement I completed.

eta
There is more to this than you realize. That is a difficult flare to make without quite good flaring tools. Even with good flaring tools and ni-cop, I find PTC (push to connect) flares quite challenging in 3/8". Those will likely be needed also. You can purchase pre-fabbed repair kits w/ the flares already done, though. I will try to update my thread within a few days with all the parts I used. It is in this sub-forum.
All of the repair kits I found were still just plain steel. I suppose it wouldnt matter much as this is a summer/weekend truck, wouldn’t be on salted roads much. What flaring kit do you recommend? I do have access to a shop press. If worse comes to worst I think I have clean enough line close enough to tank I could just connect it there instead of replacing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts