S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
harlem body kit has to go
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys. i have a 2k extreme and im planning on bagging soon so i'd like to remove the xtreme kit. i have a few questions
will i notice a signifigant difference in the paint color under where the kit was? also i know there are holes, does anyone know how many and which ones are visible? how large are they? will the kit take long to remove? thanks for your help guys.

·
Registered
39 Posts
body kit

i removed my friends 2000 kit and no theres no holes etc its all bolt on very easy the fender flares if you want to remove are bolts and ontop of that 3m sticky tape take the rest of the resdue from the stick tape off with wd 40 other then that its pretty simple and easy and can be done proly in an hour in your garage with a ratchet and screwdriver did you want to remove the front also?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
dont know where the hell you got that truck from, are you sure it was a factory X???.... when i took off my X-kit , there are about 20 holes in each rocker, 2 in front of the rear wheel and 3 behind... the grouneffect are clipped from underneith to a metal bracket... the bracket is then riveted all the way down the side of the truck... once you pull the rivets out, you will need to weld all the holes shut

Attachments

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I never took any close up pics for some reason.. but you can kind of make out the brackets on here.. this was when i first pulled all the ground effects.. the brackets were shaped like an "L" i cut off the part that hung off, and drove like this for a few days till i got the time to drill the rivets out

Attachments

·
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh i see it now... man i really dont want to drive around like that... this sucks.

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
I gotta ask why the hell you spent the extra $ for an Xtreme in the first place if your gonna strip off all the ground effects to bag it. Shoulda just bought a regular S10 or ZQ8. I had an X and it looked great, even better when lowered another 2" with Torq Thrust wheels. I liked the looks of the ZQ8's better after owning my X for over a year. I had a 98 ZQ8 until it got totalled, now I have a plain 98 Sonoma. It's gonna get dropped. I thought the X ground effects mounted from behind the rocker, not the front side. At least that's what I remember from my truck.

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
I see the bracket on your truck but I thought my 2000 X ex cab had the bracket mounted on the backside of the body, not on the rocker itself.

·
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i know, i'm not gonna take it off yet, i just wanted to get an idea what itll be when/if i do

·
Registered
4 Posts
get rid of the kit. do the work. the trucks look better. i just welded my holes shut, did some minor body work and duplicolor over it. cant even tell till you are up on it. dont be scared. its progress.

·
Hates 'know-it-alls'
26,065 Posts
Re: body kit

letzfly777 said:
i removed my friends 2000 kit and no theres no holes etc its all bolt on very easy the fender flares if you want to remove are bolts and ontop of that 3m sticky tape take the rest of the resdue from the stick tape off with wd 40 other then that its pretty simple and easy and can be done proly in an hour in your garage with a ratchet and screwdriver did you want to remove the front also?

Hey man you ever heard of these things called sentences and punctuation marks???? Not to bag on you, but it took me like fours times before I could understand what you were saying.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts