S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Saber saw. Like butter baby!!!

It left a sharp edge on both sides but it's covered by my box anyway. YOu should take off the panel on the backside first and assess your situation from there.

Jay

·
Registered
208 Posts
Saber saw? Sheesh, I just drilled 6 holes. Took 3/8" bit I think, not sure. One time i didn't get in the center of the weld, so i had to make a 1/2" hole. Much easier than a saber saw though, took about 5 minutes. Left 6 small holes, no deadly mess.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I took a recipricating saw w/ a metal blade... took no time at all. I didn't want any holes in the back of the cab, so I didn't drill it.

DogP

·
Registered
804 Posts
re:

Anyone know how thick the rear cab wall is?... Is it two layers of metal back to back? is there a gap in between?

I hear about people drilling the jack off the back wall (I'm assuming you all aren't putting holes in the back of the cab.. hehe)

With my old box setup I didn't need to remove it... but with my new setup I will.. most likely gonna take a die grinder to it or something.

·
AKA: Steve_S.
127 Posts
Nope, I drilled through mine, 2002 S10 Ext. It is one layer of thick steel that exit right out between the bed and cab. I drilled at the bottom right corner though... You will have a hell of a time putting back the carpet on the wall if you dont take apart the 3rd door edge (plastic thingie that hold the carpet down)
Hope that Helps,

PS. I woudl water proof and seal anything you put through there becasue it will get wet if you dont.

:nono: :cool:

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
the back wall is thin as hell 1 sheet of thin metal. to get the jack off i just took a chisel, and chiseled down along where the welds are, the used a welder to close up where it was pop riveted or welded or whatever they did to it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts