S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried so hard to get my 91 S10's dash out. I removed all visible bolts and took apart more than what i knew i had to. My heater core is broken and i have to get to it by removing the dash so i can replace it and save some money on labor parts, if anyone can help me out that would be awsome. or even know a book or someplace with good directions on how to. thanks

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
in the defrost vents??
yeah i got those eventually, but i spent 6 hours today getting it out and i finally did, now im ready to change my heater core and repaint the dash a different color, thanks for your help:thumbup:

·
Registered
265 Posts
you want to replace my heater core while you are at it...oh forget it...ill just put some radiator stop leak in it...again...haha

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jasdawg1982 said:
you want to replace my heater core while you are at it...oh forget it...ill just put some radiator stop leak in it...again...haha
hey i think i may try it, the first time took me 18 hours (plus i painted the interior) i could do it in a weekend, but would i? hmm... it depends are you good at lowering? it would be an exchange in services. and why didn't i hear about this radiator stop sh*t , and why the hell did i rip my dash apart! grr... i gotta run the forums more often

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
whitebowtie9 said:

hey i think i may try it, the first time took me 18 hours (plus i painted the interior) i could do it in a weekend, but would i? hmm... it depends are you good at lowering? it would be an exchange in services. and why didn't i hear about this radiator stop sh*t , and why the hell did i rip my dash apart! grr... i gotta run the forums more often
yeah stuff like bars stop leak it works but your better off changin out like you did

p.s. i like your location :thumbup:

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
92S10LB said:
yeah stuff like bars stop leak it works but your better off changin out like you did

p.s. i like your location :thumbup:

i changed it but it was a beoyotch. p.s. in my location i need a hunter, too many damn orangatangs!

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Heater cores are a pain in the ass. I had to do mine a few months ago. The hard part is putting the dash back together. Replacing the heater core only took me 10 min, but like an hour and a half just to put the damn dash back together.

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
digbmx4130 said:
Heater cores are a pain in the ass. I had to do mine a few months ago. The hard part is putting the dash back together. Replacing the heater core only took me 10 min, but like an hour and a half just to put the damn dash back together.
well when i finally got down to it it was easy, but i ended up just replacing the heater hoses to the engine and the radiator and then after that it was just a quest to find out which bolt goes where and i have a little cup of bolts as leftovers and a scar from pinching myself, damn what a weekend (but now i have heat!!)

·
Registered
265 Posts
yeah i just did mine today after the stop leak "stop"ped working...haha...anywho...on my 85...in case some people still have to replace their heater cores...i found that all i had to do was remove my glove box...you can see all the bolts with no problem...then i had to remove my blower to get to the clamps...but all in all it wasnt as bad as i thought it was gonna be...it turned into an all day experience when i decided to hook up my new amp:D ...sounds great...lata

Jason

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well it would of been easier, didn't they change like everything around from 85-86

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
low-blazer said:
not everything, but enough to make it a pain in the ass :D I changed out the heatercore in my '85 in a couple hours. And like Jasdawg said, only had to pull the glovebox insert to get at the top screws. I'm not sure about the '86 and up, but I think you do hafta pull the dash.
i just pulled the whole thing, i painted it too

1 - 13 of 13 Posts