S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm torn as to whether or not I should remove my carpet entirely, or replace it with new carpet. This isn't a "nice" truck for me; it mainly just hauls me and the dogs to and from the park, so the carpet gets very messy on a weekly basis.

It would be much easier if I could just do a quick vac for the big dirt and then wipe out the rest with a damp cloth. Steaming the carpet all the time is tiresome.

Thoughts? Anyone done it?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ive removed carpet in a number of cars. They are all pretty straight forward installs whether its old or new, import or domestic.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I would be worried about trim not fitting properly and rattling with out the carpet

carpet is not working for me I Have more dirt on the inside of my junk than the outside!
does any one know of a manufacture that would have a rubber replacements?

Bed liner is always and option... I would like a rubber mat more

·
Maybe later.
9,335 Posts
I have wondered about that maybe...just maybe a rubber floor from an extended cab might meet up with the overlapped seem under the rear seats...though I'm not sure.

You would need rubber matting from an extended 4WD too, which may prove difficult considering the vast majority of 4WDs had the LS package. You could buy new possibly...

·
Registered
880 Posts
who makes good carpet replacements?

·
Registered
7 Posts
go to rockauto they have rubber inners for alot of truck even 4 door blazers, i have not got one from them for mine but i will plan on it next year

1 - 6 of 6 Posts