S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does the stick shift on an S-10 come off? It looks like two pieces at shift boot. Does it unscrew? I have a new LED knob I want to install and I have to figure out how to hide the wires. ANY help is appreciated. Thanx.:mixed: :mixed:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I don't have it off yet, But I don't think that will be bad. I want to unsrew this stick and either drill or slot the piece so I can bury the wires. Trying to do a nice job but I am not usre how it comes apart. hate to use brute force and ignorance(LOL)

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
you could just saw it off and put some silicone on the new head. your shifter will be a midget but hey thats a sacrifice.

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
You will most likely have to cut the old one off. You dont have to cut the shifter, but get a hand saw and start cutting the old shift knob down to the shifter. Just keep makeing cuts everwhere till it comes off. It took me a few hours to get the ball off. The shifter is threaded, but the stock shift ball was formed onto the shifter so it doesnt usually just screw off.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, but does it seperate at the shift boot? If I can get it off there, I can work with it.

·
Registered
484 Posts
yes it comes apart
push the boot down off the shifter then use some wrenches to unscrew the shifter simple ehhh!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey, thanks for the advice, shifter came off easy. The knob was cut off)sawzall a wonderfull thing(Got it drilled and ran the wires.Looks cool, I'll try to post pics.
Thanks again!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts