S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Spark Flyin' Road Scraper
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an '86 S-10 and my door panels are starting to get a little faded and dried out. I've just replaced my dash with a brand new factory dash and I'm getting it smoothed and painted with tribal flames to match my paintjob next month. What I want to do is get some 1979 Ford Blue Tweed and install it on my headliner and on my door panels, but I can't figure out how to get the door panel off without breaking all the tabs and how to get it off the window crank.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
:bah:

·
Registered
745 Posts
Removal

You need to get you a tool for removing the clip that holds the window crank on,And then you just pry off the panels with a screwdriver,however its not likely that you can save all of the plastic clips,but they are not expensive and are easy to find.Its also a good time to put new plastic on the doors and sound deadening mats on the back side of your door panels.You will be suprised how much quieter your truck is inside.Dont forget the screws in the arm rests!

·
Race Cop
69 Posts
1lows10 said:
I've got an '86 S-10 and my door panels are starting to get a little faded and dried out. I've just replaced my dash with a brand new factory dash and I'm getting it smoothed and painted with tribal flames to match my paintjob next month. What I want to do is get some 1979 Ford Blue Tweed and install it on my headliner and on my door panels, but I can't figure out how to get the door panel off without breaking all the tabs and how to get it off the window crank.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
:bah:
The tool can be bought at most any auto parts store. The tool is a good thing to have in your box. I would go by an upholstry shop for the "mounting tabs", they will have the correct ones. Most of the "packs" you find at auto parts stores have a mixture of tabs and you end up buying several "packs" to make up a set.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts