S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do i need to remove to get the body off my 2 door jimmy, do i have to remove the engine. im unsure of what must be removed all help will be appreciated:)

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
Easiest way,remove the front clip,fenders forward,then un hook the steering shaft,then all eletrical connections,the firewall has a main plug leading into the underdash etc,body bolts and should pretty much lift off.
Now thats the short version,cus theres gonna be little things youll miss,then rusted body bolts.....alot of cussing and sweat and blood.......
LOL

·
Registered
198 Posts
Spray all your body mount bolts reall good with some liquid wrench...Put the straw on the can and spray up inside the body mounts through the little access holes...Let it set over night, then spray it again the next day....Use a half inch rachet with a 15mm socket, get a pipe to slide over the rachet for leaverage...I dont think I would use a impact it seems like those strip out the bolts...I only used a rachet and got all mine out with no problems and mine was a 91 blazer daily driver from Michagin....Just take you time and dont get crazy...Even if you get one that is being a punk then use a little heat on it...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts