S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my truck painted about a year ago, after which I replaced all the SS badges that were taken off. Thing is, now I kinda want to take the badges off cause it looks more custom. Anybody know how to take them off without ruining the paint?

·
.......¯\(O_o)/¯.......
3,480 Posts
hairdryer and plenty of 3M adhesive remover, and take your time...

·
Do what now?
747 Posts
yah and you might try pulling fishing line or dental floss behind the badges. I used fishing line and it worked pretty well. Just don't pull on the line to much cause it will snap it.

But yah you will need some good adhesive remover and some band-aids for your thumbs. Cause you will probably get a couple blisters trying to get that rubber adhesive stuff off your truck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I appreciate the tips. Thats pretty much the process I had in mind, but I wanted some back-up before I want to hacking on my truck. Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I took the badges off of my truck today. I really appreciate all the advice you guys gave. I went to Lowe's and bought some Goo be Gone adhesive remover which worked great. The one thing I can whole heartedly suggest is finding an E or A string off an electric guitar and use it to "saw" under the badges. It does a great job as long as you keep enough tension on it to keep it from touching the paint. Word.

·
Registered
19 Posts
they make a rubber eraser that fits on a side cutter that will not scratch your paint and pulls the tape and glue off in seconds

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
i jus took the pinstriping off my truck today, i just peeled it off and went to target and got some googone. still workin on removing all that adhesive, i got lazy and quit half way thru, and it got dark, i shall fisnish tomorow.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
russ6988 said:
they make a rubber eraser that fits on a side cutter that will not scratch your paint and pulls the tape and glue off in seconds
i used one of those when i worked in a bodyshop.. they are great..:cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts