S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The White
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of and easy was to get the airflow sensor out of the stock intake? I plan on building my own intake and I dont really want my check engine light to come on. Anyone who has done this your help would be great. Oh ya and if any one has any pics of any good looking and or performance homemade intakes thats also appreciated.

thanks, STBS

:rock: :guitar: :rock:

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Um...I'm really doubting your truck will run very well if at all without the MAF sensor. Just incorporate it into your intake. :thumbup:

·
Rollin' Low in the 619!!!
409 Posts
When I put on my STS intake it was really hard to pull out. I pulled it out with vise grips. just make sure you do not crack or break it!!!!!! Anyone else with suggestions?????:confused: Or you could try this :bash: haha

·
body dropped
4,346 Posts
just pull it and work it back and forth. mine came out easily. I went to my local muffler shop and had a pipe bent up, and bought a ricer filter. 63 Canadian bucks later..... I drilled a 1 inch hole and mounted the sensor in a gromett. No pics though, sorry.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The airflow sensor and the air temp sensor are two different things. Our 2.2 don't have airflow sensors, but they do have the air temp. If you get an intake from one of the regular dealers it should have the hole for the air temp sensor already in it, plus the black grommet to make sure it doesn't move.
bigman1

·
The White
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
zygote i didnt plan on taking it out of my engine i was talking about putting it in a fabricated intake that i plan on building. (to everyone) what is the easiest way to remove it and put it in an DIY intake?? thanks

STBS

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
soon_to_be_sweet said:
zygote i didnt plan on taking it out of my engine i was talking about putting it in a fabricated intake that i plan on building. (to everyone) what is the easiest way to remove it and put it in an DIY intake?? thanks

STBS
Whoops! I'm a dipsh!t.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts