S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
www.AcrophobiA.net
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO TAKE OUT THE ABS ON MY TRUCK. ITS A 98 WITH A 4.3........I KNOW I NEED A PROPORTIONING VALVE BUT DO I NEED TO RUN NEW BRAKE LINES?

THANKS

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
No caps lock plz..

Anyway you will need a brake line Tee, double flaring tool, and a proportioning valve like you said. You will need to cut, shorten and reflare your stock lines but you do not need to replace them. You will need to make up a short section of line from the master to the Tee and new valve as well..

·
N pieces
474 Posts
i didnt put a porportioning valvue on mine but i only drive it bout 100miles a year so it is up to you but if you look at my post ABS poop i hate this darn thing you will see AvTekk put up his pic and tell how to do it just take a look

·
Color Changin Member
1,375 Posts
I put a proportioning valve from a 92 GMC Jimmy on my truck. Tee-ed the front two lines together and ran the rear line to the valve. Works like a dream. I have pics in my gallery. click on my sig.

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
SlowBlue00 said:
I put a proportioning valve from a 92 GMC Jimmy on my truck. Tee-ed the front two lines together and ran the rear line to the valve. Works like a dream. I have pics in my gallery. click on my sig.
Yea thats what I did on mine but mine had the combination valve on it so I didn't need to get a proportioning valve.

·
www.AcrophobiA.net
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
can you tell me which lines are which on the abs block.....i see 5 lines....im guessing 2 are for the ones that come out of the master cylinder and the other 3 are for the two front, and one for the rear....any pictures would help greatly

·
Color Changin Member
1,375 Posts
Yeh you got it on the lines. You just have to follow them to see what goes where. Mine had a valve on it already but I didnt know if it was different from the one off of the pre-ABS jimmy so I went ahead and put on the new one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts