S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
circa 1996
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not new to s10 forum but ive never posted in this section, but i know you guys in here will know the answer to this.Im bodydropping a 2000 s10 right now and its the first 2nd gen ive ever messed with and umm well i am kinda wondering as to what the trick is to get the damn clutch fan off the 2.2?I dunno if its different than earlier trucks or what but ive never seen one mounted in this way.Anybody clue me in here? Thanks

·
Registered
861 Posts
just stick a large screw driver between the blades and the block and loosen the bolt attached to the clutch fan with a very large open end wrench all so its not cross threaded so it just comes of normal

·
circa 1996
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea hahha i called my buddy and he said get teh tool and it comes right off.Why oh why GM would you change something like that from the simple easy to work on design you always used.Must have some real geniuses working in the design department geeezz.."hey not only did we redesign this for no reason , but we ALSO designed this nifty tool"

·
Registered Stepsider!!!!!
569 Posts
I just got done putting my efan on, and I used my lugwrench(Factory GM One that came with truck) I wedged it between the bolts on the pulley and the big nut that holds the fan on, and mine came off with very little effort.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts