S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can I remove some spray paint? Just a real light coat is on the hood....Allso how much paint should it take to paint a 4" cowl hood on a first gen?

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Remove the spray paint by sanding is the best option? You can try lacquer thinner too.

·
Heavy Metal Body Man
5,363 Posts
use some lacquer thinner on a rag and then DA whats left behind, otherwise youll go through a bunch of sandpaper, rattlecan really gums it up

how much paint you need depends on the the type of paint used, what color, and if the panel was sealed first.... but generally, you should be able to cover it with a little less than a quart sprayable... which with most BC/CC systems all youd have to buy is a pint

·
Rarely goes over 20mph
3,163 Posts
what i use to get spray paint off of a painted/cleared surface, is automotive paint reducer, it worked on old spraypaint too, takes the spraypaint off but not the car paint

·
"It was all a Dream"
2,930 Posts
use some lacquer thinner on a rag and then DA whats left behind, otherwise youll go through a bunch of sandpaper, rattlecan really gums it up

how much paint you need depends on the the type of paint used, what color, and if the panel was sealed first.... but generally, you should be able to cover it with a little less than a quart sprayable... which with most BC/CC systems all youd have to buy is a pint
x2 on that

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
little up date. Used brake part cleaner/rag to get the biggest part of the spary bomb off. But still not painted its been 10-20* out all week and no sign of warming up. So It will be spring/summer befor I get any paint. Most likey will just do the whole dang truck. AGH I HATE RED.lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts