S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that've removed a Blazer body, how tough is it? Any tips or is it pretty much just unbolt all the body mounts and wiring/harnesses etc in the engine bay and lift?

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
werd... so everything in the engine bay is just unplugged, no cutting/etc I dont think.. sounds good....

·
Registered
180 Posts
it sux balls...ill never do it again
especially if nobody will help you.
i just jacked up the body and slid out the frame with my bulging muscles. ;)

youll see what you need to disconnect as your doing it. big things to remember are wiring harness and steering column

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was gonna pull the steering column completely out as well as the dash etc... I'll get people to help me out.. what's the troubles you had with yours?

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I may do it your way after I thought about it for a while... my chassis will be moved to my driveway so I could jack the body up, put it on jackstands, and push the chassis out from under it and around to the driveway....

·
Mad man from michigan
264 Posts
the 2 big problems, its heavy and finding 8 stupid people to help. 4x4's and jack stands/cinder blocks is the easiest way short of a hoist.

·
13 dimes later
23 Posts
was a fun prossess on my blazer 4 door n all jacked it up on 2 x 6 then jacked it up more had jack stands all the way under 2 x 6's n drug it out from under was fun did it myslef n used a truck to get it out w a chain lolgood luck w it wassnt very hard fun part is undoing all the wireing ,e brake,brake lines i tossed my abs in the dumpstertook all but 6 to 10 hours good luck in doing it yourself

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
FUC12_YOU said:
ya dont be a pussy :)

hmm seems you took heed to my idea of taking the body off...btw you guys all forget beer...freinds and beer youll have it done in no time...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts