S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Klean_Shaven
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, gotta question? I have an Autopage car alarm/remote start and as of late my remote start doesn't work. When I tap the button twice, you can hear the electric fuel pump priming the injectors and then it turns over but quickly dies one second after it turns over. My service engine light is also on but I dunno if that was triggered by my remote start prob or my rattlin catalytic converter. What's your all opinion on this prob? (It worked fine before) BTW, I own a 98 reg cab 2.2L Chev S10.

·
Klean_Shaven
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey man, I'll check that out...I dunno if the security light comes on or not, guess I'll look it over and post the results. BTW, what do I do to bypass the passlock? It should've been by-passed when it was installed in order to remote start it so why would the bypass affect my remote start now after working okay before? Could it be something that accidently got pressed on the paging unit while in my pocket?

Thanx

·
Broken Handed Superman
6,283 Posts
nah. modules do go bad. especially if they are the dip switch types. the best module for our truck is a self learning module like a 555l. did a shop install this remote start? if so bring it back it should be under warranty.

·
Klean_Shaven
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey bro, yeah...the SECURITY light flashes on for a second when it dies then goes off. So it's the module you said? My friend installed for me so would it be under warranty? If not, how much is a module?

Thanx

·
Broken Handed Superman
6,283 Posts
u can get them for cheap.. like 35 shipped off ebay. otherwise itll be like 50 from a chainstore or stereo shop. ask him how he bypassed the passlock system cause that may be hte problem. usually they flash afterwards not just shut off

·
Klean_Shaven
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah man, the security light flashed on and off after it dies. I will def. ask him how he did it.

Thanx!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts