S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. Not new to installing Remote starts on s10. But thI can’t figure out. I went with a remote start with alarm and keyless entry all in one. The avital unit is capable of double pulse unlock jus like stock keyless entry. but if I use the lock and unlock Wires at the BCM of course it’s just the light blue and white which locks and unlocks both doors at the same time. Where would I find the wires to be able to unlock drivers with one push and passenger with the second push. I’ve done a lot of searching and reading everything dead ends with this question and no the wires are not in the kick panel as some say. I have the panels removed.

·
time to get cereal
3,421 Posts
I don't have the diagram in front of me but you'll have to separate the separate lock wires wherever they are spliced together, or just cut one side behind the kick panel and run new wires. The wires are probably higher than the kick panel, you should be able to see where they pass out of the cab to the door.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have the diagram in front of me but you'll have to separate the separate lock wires wherever they are spliced together, or just cut one side behind the kick panel and run new wires. The wires are probably higher than the kick panel, you should be able to see where they pass out of the cab to the door.
Yeah that’s the problem. Finding them in the kick panels. Been elbow deep in there and find nothing. May have to just run wires into the doors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
time to get cereal
3,421 Posts
Look where the boot is for the wire harness between the cab and door, then find that spot on the inside. You might have to disconnect everything from the door to pull some slack in the harness to take it apart and find the wires. They are there though. I went through and removed all of mine, which were just the speakers on my truck.

Reactions: 992drjimmy

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well. Figured this out. There’s a light green wire in the middle plug at the BCM that is a negative pulse unlock for just the drivers door. So a quick rewire on my avital alarm and the unlock from alarm remote works just like oem. One push drivers door second push passenger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Been there Done it
8,623 Posts
Glad you figured it out and good info.

Reactions: 992drjimmy
1 - 6 of 6 Posts