S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this is crazy and may not work but It is almost midnight and my brain is ticking sitting here at work bah lol

Any who ok,

Hard line fitted with not fluid or air but steel ball bearings the same size as the ID of the line back to back and a special made hydro ram front and rear. (no need for seals ) ;)

Nothing to wear out simply inject the hard line with grease :cool:

And make a bag to ram setup in the bed.

I will work on a drawing and more details in the morning.

We use a setup almost like this at work but different.

also you can use hydro line.. I think. Need to make sure.

·
tuckin' fx4
3,888 Posts
haha so its like when you air up the pressure pushes the bearings in the line which then push on a rod to lift the truck up thats a pretty cool idea find some strong clear tubing and make one just so everyone can see whats going on

·
NOW TUCKIN' 20'S
1,961 Posts
they had a setup like this kindof in one of the mag's, the bags were used to compress hydraulic fluid that lifted and dropped the cylinders on there wheels, if thats what ur talking about anyways

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
97bagdS10 said:
they had a setup like this kindof in one of the mag's, the bags were used to compress hydraulic fluid that lifted and dropped the cylinders on there wheels, if thats what ur talking about anyways
Correct

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Steel balls,

Tube setup,

·
I'm poor
1,665 Posts
Any bend in the tube is going to deform the tube some. only way around that would be to use a ball smaller than the tube, which will rattle, multiply that by how ever many balls you have in the tube and Im sure it won't be quiet.

on the other hand, you could make a setup where there is a small cantilever over the axle, attached to the frame, then run a gnarly cable in a casing (like the parking brake cable) to where ever you want your bags. of course it would have to be a big cable to carry the weight.

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
motomullet said:
Any bend in the tube is going to deform the tube some. only way around that would be to use a ball smaller than the tube, which will rattle, multiply that by how ever many balls you have in the tube and Im sure it won't be quiet.

on the other hand, you could make a setup where there is a small cantilever over the axle, attached to the frame, then run a gnarly cable in a casing (like the parking brake cable) to where ever you want your bags. of course it would have to be a big cable to carry the weight.
I thought about that It would have to be cast bends or formed bends or hydro line with large sweep bends.,

·
I Dropped it like its hot
150 Posts
im thinking even with grease friction is going to be a problem

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Damn I forgot I forgot about this .. Ya know that is bad lol

Hmm..

May have to try it out.

·
blahh
1,392 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^most def.

·
yeah... that's STATIC
1,577 Posts
rmrider said:
it's impossible to compress fluid, fyi
actually... yeah you can

flu·id ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fl
d)
n.
A continuous, amorphous substance whose molecules move freely past one another and that has the tendency to assume the shape of its container; a liquid or gas.

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
larstrak said:
actually... yeah you can

flu·id ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fl
d)
n.
A continuous, amorphous substance whose molecules move freely past one another and that has the tendency to assume the shape of its container; a liquid or gas.

ha ha

I think he ment compress as in use to store energy either way a fluid can be compressed. :cool:

anywho I am having a hard time finding cheap balls..

That sounds bad :rotf:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts