S-10 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Lets try this again...
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, heres what i want to do, i want to be able to lay frame without getting rid of things in my engine compartment. I have a 96 single cab S10 with the 2.2 engine. I want to be able to lay frame on 18's. One of my buddies said i will have to get rid of my air conditioning unit if i absolutely wanted to, but i dont want to get rid of the AC. Ive looked on my inner fenders and those of a 94 s10 and i have a lot more stuff attached to them! i guess my computer is on the inner fender and the computer for the 94 is somewhere inside the truck cuz i didnt see it in the engine compartment. Anyways, i want to be able to lay frame on 18's but i need to know what exactly to relocate/get rid of and where to relocate it to. Also in the back, i have a cut-thru with a BIG box. I wont have anything to show back there so my notch is just going to be basic, no crazy design. If i were to lay frame, what would be the smallest notch i would need, because im just going to weld a cover piece over the notch so i can keep my box (it goes up and over about half of the wheel wells) , i think after bagging i will have to design up another box but anyways. If someone could answer some of the questions i have asked i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks guys!

·
Frozen Exploding Beer
150 Posts
To lay frame in the front, you DO NOT need to locate anything. You just have to make sure you get the right size tire. I think it is around 24.4" in dia max so you don't have to remove the inner fender. No inner fender removal means relocation of stuff. Now if you BD then you will have to worry about A/C and all that other crap.

If i am wrong please let me know.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts