S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
.......¯\(O_o)/¯.......
3,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im tired of the S10 lean, even wit the spacer it still leans! Since the gas tank is the main problem, im going to move it, were is a good spot to move it?? Also how hard is it to relocate it, i was thinking about putting it were the spare tire is now..Any ideas??

·
On tha grind
3,060 Posts
dont blazers have the tank in the rear? Maybe you could switch tanks and shave ur filler door.

·
.......¯\(O_o)/¯.......
3,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have heard you can use a blazer tank, i have been wanting to put my fill hose in the rear taillight anyways, so i guess this would be a really good excuse to do it! lol

·
weatherman
2,159 Posts
umm...someone correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think the gas tank is the problem. pretty sure of that fact since i have a fuel cell in the rear and it still leans. i think it has to do with the spring pocket on the driver's side. i have to put more air in my drivers side even with the fuel cell in the rear to even the truck out.

·
Blown ex ***
5,710 Posts
the stock tank/fuel add's to the problem. but it will still lean. i have a cell where the spare used to be.

·
Registered
153 Posts
yeah so i noticed the lean last night and really paid attention to it and it pisses me off. so the only option i know is to cut the spring half a coil. any other suggestions? lets actually get an answer to this one cuz im curious.

·
.......¯\(O_o)/¯.......
3,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the reason i want to move the gas tank, you still have to worry about it setting to high or low, depending on how much fuel you have in it, so moving the tank to the center seems like a good idea, ill be doing bags in the next few months and if bags dont correct it them im relocation it..

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
if the bags don't correct the problem, then replace user:p just tap the switch and level it out. heh.

as for fixing it, stylinconcepts has an 'isolator bushing' that goes under (i think) the driver side coil. it fixes the lean.

·
.......¯\(O_o)/¯.......
3,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
already have the bushing, still didnt help, without me in it, with a full tank of gas it leans probally 1", 2" with me in it, I am 400lbs..LOL would replacing worn out shocks on the rear help the lean also?

·
Blown ex ***
5,710 Posts
about the only thing you can do is have the bags on seperate lines and put more air in the drivers side. thats what i do to mine, and i'm 195.

·
Registered
485 Posts
don't move your gas tank if you are going to drive it everyday. The gas take is in the center of the vehicle for a reason. If you get a in a bad wreck i don't want you to burn alive

·
.......¯\(O_o)/¯.......
3,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bri2203 said:
don't move your gas tank if you are going to drive it everyday. The gas take is in the center of the vehicle for a reason. If you get a in a bad wreck i don't want you to burn alive

Its not in the center, if it was i wouldnt have to move it..

·
Registered
485 Posts
i mean centered from front to back, But if the blazers have them in the back then go for it, it just doesn't sound safe so me.

·
Registered
7,365 Posts
In a pickup, I'd feel safer with the tank further away from me. It might get hit sooner in a rear end collision, being further back, but if they hit me, hard enough to push my Class IV hitch front and break the tank, it would have broke no matter, where it was mounted. Putting it in the back also gets it further away from left side collisions, the most common accident out there.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts