S-10 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
just got demented
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i've searched and searched and still cannot find the exact confirmation that i'm needing. I am going to buy a red top optima from autozone, they are sealed right? b/c i want the battery to be in the back seat, i have an ext cab. but i don't know what to do with the wires up front. I know you are supposed to run the wires together on the fuse on the rad core right? what do i do with the grounds coming off the engine and what not?? thanks guys

·
Registered
647 Posts
doing it right now as a matter of fact, cept im running my battery in the bed, as soon as i finish i will post pics and tell ya exactly how i did mine.

·
just got demented
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
edbighead said:
doing it right now as a matter of fact, cept im running my battery in the bed, as soon as i finish i will post pics and tell ya exactly how i did mine.
thanks dude, yeah i have the relocating kit from summit i want to put it in the bed but it'd have to be the very back b/c i have a 12 gal tank, takes up all the room LOL. i don't know if the power wire i have will reach to the back of the bed

·
what to put here....
337 Posts
i relocated mine to the bed, basicall, just have to have a pos going to starter, and a neg to frame, (thats what i did) you can run the wire that went from batt to distribution block to the starter instead of the batt, id post pix, but i dont know how. you will need approx 15-20 ft of 2ga wire for the main power. i got mine from http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?Ntk=KeywordSearch&DDS=1&Ntt=sum%2Dg1220a&searchinresults=false&N=115&y=10&x=8 thats the exact one i got, $38.45 not too bad

·
what to put here....
337 Posts
hope that helps a little.... id put up pix if i knew how

1 - 10 of 10 Posts